Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This topic is for bug reporting and feedback only.

Multibeast+2.png

Download MultiBeast Here

NOTE: MultiBeast 4.0.1: Lion Edition is ONLY for OS X 10.7.x and later.

Forum Rules prohibit the redistribution or the posting and/or uploading of MultiBeast to any other site.

MultiBeast 4.0.2 Released 2011-09-14

Visible Changes:

• - Restored USB 3.0 to Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers -> Miscellaneous..

Internal Changes:

• - Fixed EasyBeast to correctly install IOUSBFamily Rollback.

MultiBeast 4.0.1 Released 2011-09-12

Internal Changes:

• - Fixed Extension Migration Tool to correctly add UseKernelCache=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

MultiBeast 4.0.0 Released 2011-09-12

Visible Changes:

• - Added Extension Migration Tool which copies the contents of /Extra/Extensions to /System/Library/Extensions and deletes /Extra/Extensions and /Extra/Extension.mkext. This tool requires Chimera 1.5.4 to be already installed as it will add UseKernelCache=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    - Replaced Chimera v1.4.1 r877 with v1.5.4 r1394. This version adds GraphicsEnabler support for additional ATI and NVIDIA cards along with adding support for Intel HD 3000 GPU in Sandy Bridge CPUs. Also includes olegpronin's Facetime fix for non-RAID volumes. You need to add SkipFTFix=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist when booting from a RAID volume.
    - Added to Customization -> Boot Options -> PCI Configuration Fix. Adds npci=0x2000 to Kernel Flags in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    - Added to Customization -> Boot Options -> Use KernelCache. Adds UseKernelCache=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    - Added VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 with prefPane to Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> VoodooHDA
    - Added NVIDIA Fermi OpenCL Enabler to Graphics. This patches GeForceGLDriver using patch info from netkas.org
    - Added ATI 48xx Patch for 10.7.0 from netkas to Graphics
    - Added ATI 48xx Patch for 10.7.1 from netkas to Graphics
    - Added Macmini5,1 smbios
    - Replaced JMicron36x SATA with 3rdParty SATA. This new kext supports ASMEDIA, JMicron and Marvell SATA controllers.
    - Replaced JMicron36x eSATA with 3rdParty eSATA. This new kext supports ASMEDIA, JMicron and Marvell SATA controllers.
    - Replaced IOPCIFamily Fix with Customization -> Boot Options -> PCI Configuration Fix.
    - Removed USB 3.0
    - Removed ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.3
    - Removed ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.4
    - Removed ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.4 Graphics Update
    - Removed ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.5
    - Removed ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.6
    - Removed ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.7
    - Removed ATI 48xx Patch for 10.6.8
    - Removed Kext Helper b7
    - Removed MSR Tools

Internal Changes:

• - Updated all kext installations to install to /System/Library/Extenstions instead of /Extra/Extensions
    - Installation of Chimera will rename /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    - Added npci=0x2000 to all kernel flags
    - Updated EasyBeast and UserDSDT to install Chimera v1.5.4 r1394
    - Updated EasyBeast to use 3rdParty SATA instead of JMircon 36x SATA.
    - Updated Kext Utility to 2.5.0b
    - Changed all boot options choices to use org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Thanks MacMan :thumbup:

I had installed the new chimera and installed the new mulitbeast! It is really good at start up time! But I couldn't get power to my usb mouse and keyboard and couldn't use it!! Also got little black box to the left of my screen!!

Boots up real fast. Everything else seems to be working fine too.

Kris

Screen Shot 2011-09-14 at 6.51.37 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-14 at 6.51.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-14 at 6.51.37 AM.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 9,097
- Fixed EasyBeast to correctly install IOUSBFamily Rollback.

Hmm..Probably I'll skip 4.0.2 too, because 4.0.1 problem USB rollback in my case was with custom DSDT - not EasyBeast!

UPDATE: well, this time it works. But somehow I've partially lost sensors, iStat shows only few this time(GPU and incoming air temp. instead of everything).

MacMan said:
- Added npci=0x2000 to all kernel flags

Why this modifications are set to standard for all new MultiBeast installations?

great, after so many mounth of trys and frustration, now its working and tomorrow i will try the hdmi audio solution.

big thx

Edit: Got facetime to work after applying a s/n to SMBios.plist.
It may have also been any combination of the following that allowed it to finally work:
Updated Boot file with Chameleon Wizard (In "root" - Snow Leopard(Boot) drive, as well as "Lion" drive).
Updated Chimera to newest
Used newest MultiBeast (4.0.2)
Added 8.8.8.8 to DNS entries *manually added the static ones, added 8... at the end

Can anyone tell me how to change my boot setup so that if I modify "org.chameleon.boot" in Lion, it affects Lion; and if I modify "boot.com.apple" it uses those values in SL? Currently, all changes outside of "root" (SL partition, first installed) have no effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back