Contribute
Register

MSI Z590 MEG ACE Gold Edition + i9-11900K + RX-6600 Stuck at #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

Motherboard
MSI Z590 MEG ACE Gold Edition
CPU
i9-11900K
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 20th Anniv. Mac
  3. 512K
  4. Classic
  5. Color Classic
  6. iBook
  7. iMac
  8. Power Mac
  9. PowerBook
  10. Quadra
  11. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I'm a newbie on this forum but not a newbie on hackintosh. Been using tonymacx86 tools to set up quite a few machines over the years. Wanted to upgrade to a newer machine and use opencore, but can't seem to get the mac os installer to boot. Spoofed CPUID to comet lake. Tried everything there is on https://dortania.github.io/, followed troubleshooting to the letter. Also googled a lot and fiddled with BIOS settings (CFG lock disabled, VT-d disabled, secure boot disabled, iGPU disabled, DTM enabled, etc.) but to no avail. Would appreciate to see if anyone has any insights on the OC boot log and config.plist attached. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• opencore-2024-01-07-154906.txt
    256 KB · Views: 4
  • config.plist
    33.5 KB · Views: 10
Any help would be much appreciated…..

Any help would be much appreciated…..

Hi there.

First thing to do is correct the boot arguments you have in the NVRAM section of your config.plist. I think you are mistakenly using "-" on a couple of occasions when you should be using "=".

May not be stopping booting but best to clear up.

Next check your CPU spoof with other builds using MacPro7,1 sys-def. I'm not at my desk right now but will check myself later.

Finally, why not ZIP your EFI folder, after first blanking your serial-number, and attach it to a post?

:)

Corrected the boot arguments but still to no avail. Already used the CPU spoof for Rocket Lake. Here's the EFI folder. Any insights would be most appreciated. I am completely stumped here. Many thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 6
@TomCCC - Hi I have taken the liberty to look into and alter some settings in your EFI Folder for you to try.
Failing that, I have also included an EFI Folder (MSI-Z590) which I think is more suited to your Specs providing all your BIOS Settings are correct.

Try both and see which one you're happy with, if you are happy with your edited original then go with that one.
If that fails, try the MSI-Z590 and report back on your progress.
Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 4
  • MSI-Z590.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 8
@TomCCC - Hi I have taken the liberty to look into and alter some settings in your EFI Folder for you to try.
Failing that, I have also included an EFI Folder (MSI-Z590) which I think is more suited to your Specs providing all your BIOS Settings are correct.

Try both and see which one you're happy with, if you are happy with your edited original then go with that one.
If that fails, try the MSI-Z590 and report back on your progress.
Good luck.
Many thanks for the help. I tried both but neither boot. Here are the bootlogs. Earlier one for the edited EFI and the later one the MSI-Z590.

Attachments

• opencore-2024-03-31-183952.txt
    256 KB · Views: 8
  • opencore-2024-03-31-184906.txt
    256 KB · Views: 19
Seems the problem is SetupVirtualMap should be set to True instead of left as default False for Z590 with coffee lake.

Now I am stuck at “ACM: Env_SetVariableWithParams: set”

Back