Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Slow Boot Up Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Middleman!

We're both using GA-Z77X-UP5TH as per the nofilmschool guide

On my GA-H67A-USB3-B3 it works like charm! (Works also on GA-H67N-USB3)

I deleted all three kexts that was here in this post installed it with KextWizard and rebuild the Kernel Cache with:

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

Restartet the System and it works.

I have also shut down the system completele and bootet it back to OSX and it works like a charm

So for now everything works fine, system boots up in only 5 seconds (without POST) with my OCZ Agility 3 360GB and now my porblem with the eject key on the Alu Keyboard from Apple is also solved and now works and my DVD Drive is also shown as internal!

Many thanks from Austia! :)

(Excause me for my poor english)

not worked for me, boot time 3 min....

this kext helped me, boot time now 50 sec....
AppleACPIPlatform.kext 1.3.5

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    424 KB · Views: 298
Just wanted to share my experience.
I had 2 minute bootup times and after installing the AppleACPIPlatform.kext on this thread I now bootup in 20 seconds.

My hackinstosh specs:
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
Processor 3.07 GHz Intel Core i7
Mainboard Asus Rampafe III Extreme
Memory 8 GB 1068 MHz DDR3
Graphics GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024 MB
HardDrive Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB w/ Link Speed:6 Gigabit

Thx all

Also, my hackintosh is running really well. The only problem is I have a seagate firmware problem with this drive and they have yet to release an updated firmware to correct it. I also have not tried to get my usb wifi stick working yet, it might work not sure.

***edit*** I wondered why I was only running 6GB on my ssd so I went and figured it out. My mainboard has two bios's that control one for 3GB sata and one for 6GB sata that is activated by a red button on the
main board. I put my OSX drive on the red sata 6GB port and pressed the button changing the bios to the 6GB marvell one and booted up. I booted this time in 15 seconds and system information shows it linked at 6GB.

Delete AppleACPIPlatform.kext and install with the one I attached here. Use Kext Utility to repair permission and rebuld kernel cache before reboot.

First off, I backed up the kexts that would be replaced....just in case.

The steps in post #2 didn't work for me, so I restored the two replaced kexts with the originals I backed up.

The steps in post #11 worked perfectly for me. Although, instead of Rebooting, I actually ShutDown, then turned back on.

Now I have ShutDown in about 5 seconds, and boot in about 15-20 seconds (instead of 1:30-2:00min) after selecting ML from Chimera boot screen.

Thank you very much!!

Hi all
i began to have also long boot times and i checked your thread. I didn`t wanted to replace any kext as im running a clean os 10.8.4 in my (first) hackintosh, so instead i just unchecked "use kernel chache" in chameleon wizzard as some of you suggested.
Then i went to BIOS as i had noted that my priority boot list kept on resetting itself: i had choosen my ssd (marked as p0= ) as startup drive and dissabled all other disks ( im running 6 drives + 1 dvd) , and everytime i rebooted and enter BIOS i had all the disk listed again in the priority boot options. So i choose again mi ssd ( as p0=) and dissabled all other, but this time i also changed the boot mode selection from uefi and legacy to legacy only, forcing BIOS to only boot from my ssd and not looking for any other drive.

So now the system doesn't mount all my drives before choosing the right one to boot to and i have very quick boot times about 20 sec from startup to desktop (using discrete menu). They all mount correctly once in OS, btw

130720014246 mod.jpg

hope this helps someone: if you have a lot of drives (as i do) try to really dissable them for boot options in BIOS and it will be as if only your ssd ( or system drive) was the only connected , increasing boot time both in post and OS.

cheers

-jio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back