Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Hangs on White screen during install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...I think the only thing that isn't working is my PS/2 keyboard. I have a Logitech keyboard that I like but that is PS/2. I have been using a usb one, but I mistype a lot as as a lot of letters are worn off because my wife used it up. Hopefully I can get this solved soon so I can hook my Win 7 drive back up and make sure it dual boots fine.

When I set the media card reader as "CD" in BIOS the errors on boot went away.

Many thanks to PJALM and Totenkopf4 for all the help.

If I have missed you trying this, then I do apologise. There is a PS/2 keyboard/mouse option in MultiBeast under Drivers & Bootloaders > Miscellaneous

Adrian B

Adrian,

Thanks, yes I have tried it. Several times in fact. Had it selected with a couple other things, and also have tried it by itself, too. Some research leads me to believe that I need to uninstall PS/2 mouse and trackpad kexts but I have not found them. OSx is much less intuitive to me compared to Windows. I will as PJALM in chat when I get home from church, as I sure it is probably something he knows and is probably simple. He is a Wiz.

Thanks.

PJ said he preferred VoodooPS2 so I will look into this when I get home.

I have decided not to bother with the PS/2. My wife can use a usb keyboard when she wants to boot my computer to OSx (I did this for her. She needs access to iTunes Producer).

I think I am going to consider this done. Everything works except the PS/2 keyboard. Sleep works, sound, media card, dvd all good.

I am ready to put my Win 7 drive back in and set it as my primary drive.

Thanks again to PJALM, Totenkopf4 and Going Bald for their contributions.

Complete!

I can boot directly to Windows 7 or if I hit F8 on boot I can select my OSx HDD drive and get directly into Mountain Lion. And everything works!

Thank you again!

Hi,

I have the same mobo, I've been running it without DSDT since now.

What bios version do you use? I remember updating my bios ince, but that gave me alot of problems.

What are the benefits of using a DSDT vs. just Chameleon/chimera?

Bios version was 1606 x64 8/16/2012, but then I downloaded the most recent one. Modded it using PMPatch, and modified DSDT using PJALM's Patch repository and MACiASL.

from PJALMS page http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/100182-pjalms-dsdt-patches.html

These patches resolve issues like the following:

USB/FW broken or wake problems
USB2 drives not working in USB3 ports
USB devices showing as 'unknown'
USB devices not working in Apple Keyboards
iPads and iPhones not charging
Fix the SMBUS device
Add the missing MCHC device
Proper device renames
Fix the Ethernet to fix AppStore issues
Fix Intel SATA for use with OS X ML 10.8.2 or below
Device injection for ASMedia SATA/USB3, Atheros LAN/WiFi, Broadcom LAN/WiFi and Marvell SATA
Long Wake Fix (If this patch was not included for your board and is required please let me know)

Colorfuel,

If I want to boot to Mountain Lion all I do is select F8 and it boots directly to Mountain Lion without any input.

Prior to patching I had to type -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No to boot to ML.

I have Win7 on SSD with a 500 GB for storage, OSx ML on SATA WD 160 GB and am running 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz ram. Also have a media card reader and a SATA DVD writer (Asus) and everything works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back