Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Hangs on White screen during install

Status
Not open for further replies.
PMPatch Mountain Lion Hangs on White screen during install

Here's what I got when I tried PMPatch

Last login: Tue Aug 6 10:26:38 on console
Michaels-Mac-Pro:~ miztrniceguy$ /Users/miztrniceguy/Desktop/PMPatch /Users/miztrniceguy/Desktop/P8Z77-V-ASUS-2003.CAP /Users/miztrniceguy/Desktop/P8Z77-V-ASUS-2003.CAP
PMPatch 0.5.11
PowerManagement module at 00422018 patched.
AMI nest modules not found.
Phoenix nest modules not found.
CpuPei module at 00792060 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
CpuPei module at 007D2060 not patched: Patch pattern not found.
Output file generated.
Michaels-Mac-Pro:~ miztrniceguy$

Pjalm said it's good ! yay!

This is what I get just before I can boot to ML HDD :

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil: getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start]--completed

PMPatch done, DSDT patched with MACiASL, modded BIOS on thumb drive. I think I am ready to flash my new BIOS with Flashback, then install MultiBeast.

BIOS Flashback complete!

But still booting with -x -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Ran Multibeast for Mountain Lion with just UserDSDT .

I tried booting without USB bootloader and with -v -x PCIRootUID=0 and get to a white half screen scrunched on top that is unreadable. I typed my pw on a hunch and could barely tell ML loaded but it was unreadable.

(UPDATE)Mountain Lion Hangs on White screen during install

I have booted to Mountain Lion without Unibeast USB using PCIRootUID=0 "Graphics Mode"="1600x900x32" I think. added Intel Ethernet and commected. Stepped away to run an errand, it woke up fine. Interestingly, previously sleep showed a big white box on the screen, now screen went blank but woke right up when I hit space bar. I have also added support for PS/2 keyboard so I can switch back to my regular keyboard.

If I have the string wrong from what I put up above I will correct it when I confirm it.

(Success) Mountain Lion Hangs on White screen during install

OK, so with lots of guidance from PJALM I can now boot directly to Mountain Lion on HD without having to input ANYTHING!!! I still have some issues to work out. Audio not working, despite having installed the correct driver using MultiBeast. I will check PS\2 keyboard tomorrow.

Using Chameleon Wizard I added Graphics Mode 1600x900x32 to my Plist file. I had to manually input the resolution because it wasn't in the list. I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but it did! I imagine I will need drivers for my memory card reader. Well, maybe not. I am going to keep a 32GB drive with the bootloader on it and copy my Extras folder, too. I also need to figure out how to make Firefox save my tabs EVERY time. I have it set to do that but I think it has to do with something else. It stays in the dock, but when I first start it shows a ? instead of the Firefox icon until I click it. Then a squre opens up with the FF logo on the left and an arrow pointing to something else, which I cannot recall what the icon is. I also need to check DVD writer.

After I get things tidied up, then will need to plug in my Win 7 drive and see how the dual boot thing goes. I want it to boot to 7 unless I select the F key to manually choose what drive.

Much has been accomplished today!

Thanks for all the help!

(Boots from HD now)Mountain Lion Hangs on White screen during install

Well, still don't have sound, and PS/2 keyboard not working, even tho I selected it in Multibeast.

Now I have sound. It's midnight. going to bed!

(almost finished)Mountain Lion

Well...I think the only thing that isn't working is my PS/2 keyboard. I have a Logitech keyboard that I like but that is PS/2. I have been using a usb one, but I mistype a lot as as a lot of letters are worn off because my wife used it up. Hopefully I can get this solved soon so I can hook my Win 7 drive back up and make sure it dual boots fine.

When I set the media card reader as "CD" in BIOS the errors on boot went away.

Many thanks to PJALM and Totenkopf4 for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back