Graphics
on board
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to install ML on Asus P8Z77-V with i5-3570k and 8 GB Corsair Vengeance. I pulled my other 8 GB stick out until install is done. I have a GeForce GTX220 card, but also have it out while trying to get install completed. I have a link here to my postings in SL forum regarding my previous steps. I have SL installed on HDD and boots with iBoot Ivy just fine with -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. I installed Unibeast IvyBridge on SanDisk Cruzer 32 GB USB drive formatted as MBR drive by Disk Utilities and went thru steps 1 and 2 of guide ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html ) without much issue, except having to download an installer update. When I go thru steps 3 and tell it to install to SL HDD (skipping the partition and format steps to preserve previous files) and using same string -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No it runs thru a bunch os stuff then i get a white screen and it hangs. Preliminary research here suggests video issue, so I will switch to DVI input and try some of the other recommendations.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=643316&noquote=1

Any guidance is appreciated.

Tote, I do not have the video card in. One of the threads I was reading about white screen hang suggests switching to dvi input. I did set bios for internal and 64 megs maximum.

I am trying to install ML on Asus P8Z77-V with i5-3570k and 8 GB Corsair Vengeance. I pulled my other 8 GB stick out until install is done. I have a GeForce GTX220 card, but also have it out while trying to get install completed. I have a link here to my postings in SL forum regarding my previous steps. I have SL installed on HDD and boots with iBoot Ivy just fine with -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. I installed Unibeast IvyBridge on SanDisk Cruzer 32 GB USB drive formatted as MBR drive by Disk Utilities and went thru steps 1 and 2 of guide ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html ) without much issue, except having to download an installer update. When I go thru steps 3 and tell it to install to SL HDD (skipping the partition and format steps to preserve previous files) and using same string -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No it runs thru a bunch os stuff then i get a white screen and it hangs. Preliminary research here suggests video issue, so I will switch to DVI input and try some of the other recommendations.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=643316&noquote=1

Any guidance is appreciated.

miz

Ok by video you mean the GPU on the CPU or the 220 GFX card, I will post this same question in the link you posted so no reply is needed in this Forum.
Also if you are using internal GPU HD4000 then set BIOS to internal IGPU and memory to only 64 megs. Turn of VT-d in the BIOS.
Remove the GT220 for now.

Also as to updates - do not use the auto update for system updates - turn that off when you get the chance.

Strongly suggest that we only use the download the required update from the Apple Support web server.
I have used Goggle to find them.
If you have ML 10.8.4 then nothing is needed as Apple has not updates for the OS at this time that I am aware of.
Also Apple has included their versions of nVidia Kexts for the current line of nVidia Cards.

This is a link on the GT220 and its chipset -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_200_Series

You may need to find a solution for this chipset GT216 GPU

I found this interesting thread here about the GT220 and ML -
http://www.osx86.net/10-8-mountain-...oothhcicontroller-started-completed-help.html

Note that you may want to add two boot switches to your string when you have the GT220 in npci=0x3000 darkwake=0

Ok, install successful. Discovered in another thread that when white screen shows up all you have to do is PRESS ANY KEY and the installation continued to completion. Said to reboot, so I did and get choice of USB or Snow Leopard (HDD still labeled from prev SL install but has ML icon). Selected hdd and put -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No and a few short lines run and back to boot choice. If I type same thing, it runs a few lines then goes black.

Attached image is after boot when I first chose SL HDD,after the first string quickly flashed, then went back to boot choice. When I run it again I then get a black screen. Last line says "mach 0 file has bad magic number"

This is still without graphics card and am on DVI input.

Attachments

• MLBoot1.jpg
    MLBoot1.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 196
(Success!!) Mountain Lion Hangs on White screen during install

Success!

Reinstalled, but wiped out SL creating new partition then booted from HDD using -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Continuing on!

Only to find out I need a DSDT and I don't know how do it. I did find the ASUS DSDT Patch Repository by PJALM but don't know how to use it. I have downloaded newest MB.

I will work on it more tomorrow.

screenshot of compiler log in MaciASL 2nd one shows device on line 8888

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 5.37.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 5.37.39 PM.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 256
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 3.44.04 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 3.44.04 PM.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 221
screenshot of compiler log in MaciASL 2nd one shows device on line 8888

miztrniceguy

I see the screen shots - Now I have not used this program at this time for my ASUS Motherboard. But instead used a modded bios that came from this Link.
http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/

find the chipset and MB number and you get a download - this then was used by me to flash to the Motherboard as the replacement bios.

I did not use a DSDT file w my system #3 the ASUS - as I chose the non DSDT method in MultiBeast - my MultiBeast is two versions down from what you have now. I think, that should not matter.

Now in looking at your logs that you have pics of - I see no Errors only warnings, the MaciASL method is similar to the old way of doing a DSDT file and we had to compile it like you doing w MaciASL and as long as we had no errors and only warnings we would use that assembled output file that becomes the DSDT file.

So you should assemble the system w/o the video use the onboard w the DVI - and use the USB drive - now I am not sure if you should have used the MBR format for making a USB drive - but what ever the guide says is what we should do - Also you have looked at the information at this site - www.unibeast.com and read the materials.

.As to boot up - w the usb we enter the -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No and it should do a normal boot to the install screen where you can prep the drive or what every you have.

As you using the SL Drive and will write over this destroying the whole SL install thats ok - I just like to sometimes have a backup of it - but if you have no spare HD then its served its purpose. You will need to wipe the drive completely so in the Apple Disk utilities that you use to make the drive - delete the current partition which will give you a blank drive - and start w a fresh partitions and format new.

If you get a chance PJ is on the chat in the AM ( my time around 10 AM PST ) or has been; so you could ask him about the MacASIL program and the errors. Or any other questions.

Tote,

Thanks for the reply. Is it ok to flash the bios even tho I have already installed ML? Then I should be able to run Multibeast for ML? I do use -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No when I boot with usb drive in place. I understand there is a place in MultiBeast to insert -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No so it doesn't have to be manually typed. I also will need to enable PS2 keyboard.

Re Video: I have decided to stick with onboard and use the card in the G35ec rig with just XP on it.

I did ask PJ in chat about the error. I told him the line number and showed him the screenshots.

Thanks again for the help.

Tote,

Thanks for the reply. Is it ok to flash the bios even tho I have already installed ML? Then I should be able to run Multibeast for ML? I do use -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No when I boot with usb drive in place. I understand there is a place in MultiBeast to insert -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No so it doesn't have to be manually typed. I also will need to enable PS2 keyboard.

Re Video: I have decided to stick with onboard and use the card in the G35ec rig with just XP on it.

I did ask PJ in chat about the error. I told him the line number and showed him the screenshots.

miz

Yes you should be able to flash the BIOS w whatever OS you what to boot from.
As to running ML - its the getting it installed that I would worry about.
Yes we can edit the file that so that these are not needed. Either w MultiBeast or by Hand.

Now the PS2 KeyBoard - thats one I have not mastered - I have tried to but has not work for me.

Yes using the HD4000 GFX video will work for ML.

About that error - as I mentioned it maybe that this RAM could be to fast as I have not worked w 1866Mhz ram.
But again you should be able to set the spec level of the ram from just the default Auto settings to something make for this RAM.

You may also want to look at our DSD forum for some clues. Also you may want to post the pic here as well. See if you get some other feed back on it.

I read that PS2 kext is in MultiBeast so that should be fine. I tried PMPatch and got an error message which seems to be related to the name. I have been looking to see if any else over there has the same board, but the thread has 27 pages. It seems many people different variations such as -V pro, -V LX, -V M etc. I will look at it more before I start work today.

Didn't much time yesterday as I was recovering a friend's laptop that wouldn't boot and then was stuck in a win 7 installation loop. She had tried a factory restore after her hubby messed things up. Took a bit of time to recover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back