Contribute
Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entry "Digital Audio (Encoded)" is missed on my test installation with the new DSDT & your editet ML kext - see 2nd picture. Could this be a bug?
It is not a bug, it is a communication problem. You talked about HDMI audio edits and HD3000 HDMI audio and never mentioned optical digital out. Why not HDMI audio?

The 889 Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha can be edited for encoded digital audio. The ML edit is different than Lion.

1. Make a backup of your installed ML_AppleHDA-Alpha.
2. Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
3. Open Applications/Utilities/Terminal
$ cd Desktop
$ ls (optional to verify AppleHDA.kext is on the desktop)
$ sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x89\x08\xec\x10|\x80\x08\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
Enter Password
$
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x89\x08\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
$ exit
4. KextBeast (installs the edited AppleHDA,kext)
5. Restart.
6. Verify Audio MIDI Setup/
Audio Devices/Built-in Digital Audio/Format/Encoded Digital Audio

It is not a bug, it is a communication problem. You talked about HDMI audio edits and HD3000 HDMI audio and never mentioned optical digital out. Why not HDMI audio?

The 889 Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha can be edited for encoded digital audio. The ML edit is different than Lion.

1. Make a backup of your installed ML_AppleHDA-Alpha.
2. Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
3. Open Applications/Utilities/Terminal
$ cd Desktop
$ ls (optional to verify AppleHDA.kext is on the desktop)
$ sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x89\x08\xec\x10|\x80\x08\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
Enter Password
$
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x89\x08\xec\x10|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
$ exit
4. KextBeast (installs the edited AppleHDA,kext)
5. Restart.
6. Verify Audio MIDI Setup/
Audio Devices/Built-in Digital Audio/Format/Encoded Digital Audio

Toleda,

This patch works perfectly, thank you! :thumbup:

The only issue, that I have - exactly the same as in Lion - is an offset between audio & video in VLC 2.0.3, if I make chapter jumps or pause / play. To fix this, I have to select an other audio device, and then switch back to the digital output.

The reason, why I need DD/DTS via SPDIF is simple. My cinema receiver is a bit older and does not have HDMI inputs. The displayport-audio is for my 27" ACD.

Hi Toleda!

I tried your modified AppleHDA kext for ALC892. I have an ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard. What are worked the iTunes,DVD player,System alert.
The line in input (blue) is indicated,but when i use the LogicPro studio program there is no sound. This is the same result with the output (black).
I tried the setting in the LogicPro audio preferences there is no satisfaction,so I installed the old AppleHDA kext 10.7.4 and everything is ok.
The above mentioned things are working and the LogicPro also.
I attached the old AppleHDA kext 10.7.4 and ioreg, and that ioreg which is depend on your AppleHDA kext.
I saw the deference between the pin configuration.
Maybe it will help you to solve this problem.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Timar’s Mac mini old.zip
    479.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Timar’s Mac mini.zip
    486.2 KB · Views: 83
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
Hi Toleda!

I tried your modified AppleHDA kext for ALC892. I have an ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard. What are worked the iTunes,DVD player,System alert.
The line in input (blue) is indicated,but when i use the LogicPro studio program there is no sound. This is the same result with the output (black).
I tried the setting in the LogicPro audio preferences there is no satisfaction,so I installed the old AppleHDA kext 10.7.4 and everything is ok.
The above mentioned things are working and the LogicPro also.
I attached the old AppleHDA kext 10.7.4 and ioreg, and that ioreg which is depend on your AppleHDA kext.
I saw the deference between the pin configuration.
Maybe it will help you to solve this problem.
Are you saying the AppleHDA.kext Alpha works with iTunes, DVD and System Alerts but it does not work with LogicPro Studio when you use blue line in and black line out? If yes, what happens when you use pink mic in and green line out? What does Audio MIDI setup look like for the settings you are trying to use. The pinconfigs look right in Alpha.

With regard to the 10.7.4 AppleHDA, I am not familiar with that kext; it is someone else's work. You can try the 10.7.4 ALC892 AppleHDA.kext in MultiBeast and see what result it provides.

Hi!

I tried the pink and green but nothing with LogicPro.
In the AudioMidi setup everything is ok,I can hear the white noise in the left and right loudspeaker.
The Multibeast AppleHDA 10.7.4,same result there is no sound with LogicPro.
It is a mystery.

Hey Toleda. I got an AppleHDA kext from you for Lion that works great. I have ALC887. The ALC887 in this post doesn't seem to work for me in ML. Attached is a copy of my Lion kext. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
Hey Toleda. I got an AppleHDA kext from you for Lion that works great. I have ALC887. The ALC887 in this post doesn't seem to work for me in ML. Attached is a copy of my Lion kext. Thanks in advance!

Did you modify your DSDT's HDEF 'layout-id' to 1?

Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]"layout-id",
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]Buffer (0x04)
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica] {
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]    [B]0x01[/B], 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica] },[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back