Contribute
Register

ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the IOReg's you wanted. When I booted with my DSDT and the stock AppleHDA, I got sound from HDMI and no onboard audio as well. Thanks
I do not see anything wrong. Another experiment. Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x77, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00. Run MultiBeast 5.0.2/Audio/With DSDT/ALC887Legacy and reply with an IOReg. The purpose is to see if 887 on board is working.

Well, I did what you said, and now all is good! What do ya know... On a side note, I have to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No to get anything to come out of HDMI. GraphicsEnabler=Yes gets me full card recognition in system information but looses HDMI output. Any ideas?

Well, I did what you said, and now all is good! What do ya know... On a side note, I have to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No to get anything to come out of HDMI. GraphicsEnabler=Yes gets me full card recognition in system information but looses HDMI output. Any ideas?
All Sapphire HD 6870s I know of (including mine) works as expected with GE=Y and Duckweed by default. If you are using graphics mode with multiple displays and multiple resolutions, there will be problems. To be helpful, I need more detail on your system configuration and what happens with Duckweed.

I have a LG LED monitor going through top DVI port with a DVI to HDMI cable 1080p. Then on the HDMI port I'm running a Pioneer Elite Receiver also 1080p. GraphicsEnabler=No AtiConfig=Duckweed gets me everything working, except the card shows up as Radeon HD 6xxx. GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Duckweed has no output from HDMI, even though it shows up under display and audio. I had Duckweed edited into my DSDT on Lion, but I can't get it to work on ML.

Also... here is a screen shot with GraphicsEnabler=No Framebuffer doesn't say Duckweed

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    19.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 8.17.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 8.17.43 PM.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 155
I have a LG LED going monitor through top DVI port with a DVI to HDMI cable 1080p. Then on the HDMI port I'm running a Pioneer Elite Receiver also 1080p. GraphicsEnabler=No AtiConfig=Duckweed gets me everything working, except the card shows up as Radeon HD 6xxx. GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Duckweed has no output from HDMI, even though it shows up under display and audio. I had Duckweed edited into my DSDT on Lion, but I can't get it to work on ML.
With GraphicsEnabler=No AtiConfig=Duckweed, Duckweed is ignored, you get the default framebuffer.
With Only GE=Y, what happens?
With Duckweed/GE=Y, what happens:
1, Just HDMI connected?
2. Just the upper DVI connected?
3. Just the other DVI connected?
3. Have you tried DP (DP2HDMI adapter)?

GE=Y - No HDMI, everything else good

Duckweed/GE=Y,
1. Just HDMI black screen after boot
2. Upper DVI works fine
3. Lower DVI works fine
4. I have a active DP to DVI which I used a DVI to HDMI, and it worked fine, even with upper DVI plugged in. No sound..

GE=Y - No HDMI, everything else good

Duckweed/GE=Y,
1. Just HDMI black screen after boot
2. Upper DVI works fine
3. Lower DVI works fine
4. I have a active DP to DVI which I used a DVI to HDMI, and it worked fine, even with upper DVI plugged in. No sound..
For a HDMI working Sapphire HD 6870/Duckweed framebuffer edit, see this post HDMI Audio on AsRock Pro4-M and Sapphire 6870 - Page 4.
shlokpatel posted the edited ML ATI6000Controller.kext at Post #37.

Thanks!!!! 100% now!! You are a great man!! :-}

So I figured I'd take another crack at getting the ALC888 sound working on my Supermicro X8DAH+-F. I bought a front audio panel and luckily the cable stretches just long enough to plug into the connector on the board. Following your instructions I've created a DSDT with the HDEF (as one doesn't exist in the original DSDT) and loaded the 888 legacy alpha (the other alpha doesn't show anything at all). Where should I start looking for potential issues and/or troubleshooting?

Attachments

• X8DAH-ioreg.zip
    581.3 KB · Views: 91
Where should I start looking for potential issues and/or troubleshooting?
888Legacy is your only choice. IOReg says all audio devices are working. How are you checking for sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back