Contribute
Register

Mini PCs

How is the quality of the anodized AL shell ? Good to see it's not plastic. Does Aviation grade mean you can toss it into the air and it will fly ?
Merry Christmas!. It's a very neat little package measuring just 114mm x 112mm x 35mm, will fit snuggly inside the GameCube. Haven't received it yet so can't comment on the shell, though I'm interested to see it.

Does Aviation grade mean...
@Stork what does "aviation grade" actually mean ? Why would a mini pc even need it ? Is this just another example of marketing nonsense ?

@Stork what does "aviation grade" actually mean ? Why would a mini pc even need it ? Is this just another example of marketing nonsense ?
Aviation grade AL is qualified to be used in aircraft.

Merry Christmas!

1703522052117.png

A pocket size PC. Wow.

It’s so small and really solid!. I don’t think I have the right RAM though, not getting any signs of post. A visit to micro center is in order!.

I am onboard with these mini PCs.

Last Jan, I got a Beelink with a 4-core 11th gen Celeron, 8G, 500G mSATA, dual HDMI (UHD 630), dual 1000BT, Wifi ac BT4, miniPhono+TOSLink, USB3 inc type-C 3.2 gen2 port, and Windows 11 Pro installed.

$190.

After spending several hours goofing around, I couldn't get a Mac installer to boot Celeron. The word on street is "no," and I lack the chops to persevere.

There's a 2.5in tray and standard SATA connector in the case. I set aside the mSATA+Win11Pro for another day and installed Ubuntu 22 on a Crucial MX 256 SATA. Up and running perfectly in a few minutes.

I use it as a media PC driving a Sony projector. Kodi passes through multi-channel audio over HDMI. DisplayCal made a great custom ICC profile for the PJ and color is gorgeous. It plays smooth 4K sources.

If I could make it run macOS I'd be stoked, but not important for my use.

Solid design, capable and so inexpensive it's basically free Equal to a Mini from 10 years ago but with modern gfx and wireless.

GB5 Windows: 650 / 2200.

IMG_2024-01-02-211704.jpeg

Last edited:
Back