Contribute
Register

Mini PC AMD Ryzen 7 5700U - Need Installation Help

yes

So VRAM is at 4 GB but CPU is still shown as Intel despite VNRam reset.

Brave starts significantly faster but the system still freezes quickly.

You said about hardware acceleration??

I just noticed that audio doesn't work either.

Last edited:
Is the built-in Audio a USB device? If yes, then you need to use AppleALCU.kext, not AppleALC.kext.

My GenMachine Ren 7000 has a USB Audio device and works with AppleALCU.kext.

Is Onboard Audio

I put kext (AppleALC.kext) in the kext folder. I think I have to change point 12, right?What exactly do I have to enter?

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    656.6 KB · Views: 2
Nothing as that is the correct kext to use, if you have a USB audio device in your Mini PC.

Post a screenshot of the Hackintool > System > Peripherals tab and Sound tab, so we can see what your system says is present. Examples of the two tabs from my GenMachine system below.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 16.15.31.png Hackintool > System > Peripherals tab

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 16.16.42.png Hackintool > System > Sound tab, with USB audio selected

Here

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 6
From what I have seen on the two screenshots you provided, your system doesn't appear to contain a USB Audio device. Given that you have the AppleALCU.kext enabled I would expect it to be visible on those tabs if it were USB based.

So I would suggest you replace the AppleALCU.kext with the AppleALC.kext, removing the USB Audio kext from your setup and config.plist.

This also will mean you need to find the correct layout-id for your 'unknown' audio codec. Start by adding alcid=1 to the boot arguments in your config.plist, see if that helps.

Once we know which (Realtek?) codec your system uses, it will then require a bit of trial and error testing to find the most appropriate layout-id for your system.

If you can boot in to Windows, looking in Device Manager and at the Properties for the Sound devices might provide some insight to the codec's name, or at least the Vendor and Device ID for the sound device.

Does Hackintool > PCIe tab show any details for the Audio device? Example below highlighting the HID/USB audio device in my GenMachine system.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 16.58.07.png

The PCIe tab was expanded to show all the device information and sorted by SubClass so the Audio devices appear at the top of the list of devices.

We have the same Renoir Radeon Audio device present, but that isn't the one you need to discover.

So,

kext is inserted and ALCU is set to off. ALC is set to On and also appears in the config.

But what I should do with alcid1, worse still, I don't understand

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    695.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    729.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    548.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    525.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    501.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Unknown-3.jpeg
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    550.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Unknown-4.jpeg
    Unknown-4.jpeg
    437.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Unknown-5.jpeg
    Unknown-5.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 1
  • Unknown-6.jpeg
    Unknown-6.jpeg
    499.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Unknown-7.jpeg
    Unknown-7.jpeg
    657.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Unknown-8.jpeg
    Unknown-8.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Unknown-9.jpeg
    Unknown-9.jpeg
    556.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 2
Your screen images are very poor, they don't show all the screen or information.

Do you know how to take a screenshot in macOS? If not, have a read of these Apple Support guides.

You may need to find the German equivalents so you better understand the process. Simply search for 'Screenshots in macOS' in your normal browser.

Regarding your Audio Device, it looks to be an AMD device, not a Realtek audio device. So you may not get it working in macOS. Even the Spec page for the AceMagician AMR5 is lacking in details regarding the built-in Audio device.

What do the Hackintool > System Peripherals and Sound tabs show regarding your Audio devices, now that you have changed which AppleALC kext is enabled? You can test/practice how to undertake a screenshot in macOS at the same time!

Are the pictures better for you?

Yes, I've already tried to get help in German forums, but either you can't hear anything or no one answers for a week. The really bad thing for some people is that it is assumed that someone who has no idea like me has to know everything.

I've come further with you in one day than anywhere else in two months.

If it's easier for you, I can also let you use Anydesk directly on the computer

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 7
  • Unknown-3.jpeg
    Unknown-3.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Unknown-5.jpeg
    Unknown-5.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Unknown-4.jpeg
    Unknown-4.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Unknown-6.jpeg
    Unknown-6.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 19.36.49.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 19.36.49.png
    885.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Yes, the Snips (screenshots) from Windows are much better, thanks.

The important information in those images is this section:

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 18.34.22.png
This shows the Vendor and Device ID's for your Realtek ALC269 codec.

So we now know which Realtek codec is present in your system.

The Layout IDs that are known to work with the ALC269 codec are as follows:

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 18.37.35.png

The layout IDs 7 and lower tend to be generic ID's that will work with most Hacks using the ALC269 codec.

Any iD's above this are custom ID's created for specific systems.

Your AceMagician is not one of the custom systems, unsurprisingly.

I couldn't see an AMD specific id in among them either.

The best you can do is try each ID in your system, checking in the System Information > Audio report and System Settings > Sound tab to see if your built-in Realtek audio codec is being found and the outputs displayed for use. Examples of the two populated reports/tabs are shown below.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 18.45.58.png System Information >Audio report

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 18.46.22.png System Settings> Sound tab.

Obviously your two reports won't be the same as mine. But they give you an idea of where to look to see if the Audio device is available in your system.

When testing each layout-id:
  1. You need to change the alcid=1 boot arg to the next id in the list.
  2. Reboot the system.
  3. Clear Nvram and reboot the system again.
  4. Before booting in to macOS.
This is so the previous ID is not still in use when you next boot in to macOS.

Tedious and time consuming I know, but this is the only way for you to discover the ID you need to use. Hopefully one will work with your system.

Back