Contribute
Register

[Mavericks 10.9] Installation guide for Acer V5-572p-6858

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Skvo, the BIOS version I installed is the latest version: V2.09

Clover is good, but not perfect.
Auto DSDT patch can not cover all the laptops. Sometimes Auto DSDT patch works not true. It is necessary to check the result of his work ...

I tested Clover on BIOS v2.07 - for it is my instructions ...

To identify the source of problems show DarwinDumper report for your system.
I'll help you find the problem and tell you how to fix ...

2) Powermanagement now works better.
Sleep and Wake work under all conditions. (Note: the wakeup on battery is slower compare to on AC power, and you may need to press several keys randomly)
Waking up from the battery must operate as well as from the AC ...

Then I see an issue with your DSDT. Most likely it broke Clover.

Deleted GenericXHCI.kext (Caused sleep/wake problem)
Here is the same. The problem is somewhere with DSDT ...
GenericUSBXHCI.kext should not cause a problem with sleep/wake.

Please send reports DarwinDumper ..

For wifi, do you know which wifi+Blue tooth card(s) are natively supported by Mavericks in this laptop without any kexts injection or modification?
Native combo modules do not exist.
I used Broadcom BCM943225HMB + legacy kext.

The ethernet card (RTL8168 rev14) cannot obtain right IP address from DHCP server. Did you notice that? or it works totally fine in your system?
The ethernet card with ID [10ec:8168] (rev 14) made on the chipset Realtek RTL8411BA.
Driver RealtekRTL8111.kext from Mieze this chipset does not support.

I think that to get to work this card is not possible. I have not seen for RTL8411BA driver for OS X...

Clover is good, but not perfect.
Auto DSDT patch can not cover all the laptops. Sometimes Auto DSDT patch works not true. It is necessary to check the result of his work ...

I tested Clover on BIOS v2.07 - for it is my instructions ...

To identify the source of problems show DarwinDumper report for your system.
I'll help you find the problem and tell you how to fix ...

Waking up from the battery must operate as well as from the AC ...

Then I see an issue with your DSDT. Most likely it broke Clover.

Here is the same. The problem is somewhere with DSDT ...
GenericUSBXHCI.kext should not cause a problem with sleep/wake.

Please send reports DarwinDumper ..

Native combo modules do not exist.
I used Broadcom BCM943225HMB + legacy kext.

The ethernet card with ID [10ec:8168] (rev 14) made on the chipset Realtek RTL8411BA.
Driver RealtekRTL8111.kext from Mieze this chipset does not support.

I think that to get to work this card is not possible. I have not seen for RTL8411BA driver for OS X...

Skvo, Thanks so much. DarwinDumper attached, please take a look.

Skvo, Thanks so much. DarwinDumper attached, please take a look.
My fears were confirmed. Clover broke your DSDT.

Here's your DSDT from the report (ACPI_Tables/AML/DSDT.aml):

attachment.php

Method P8XH should be at the root of DSDT!!!
It is used in procedures to sleep and waking up from sleep (metods _PIC, _PTS, _WAK)
In your DSDT, method P8XH is not in place, so you have sleep problems...

I set myself the BIOS ver2.09 and tested auto-patch DSDT means Clover.
For comparison, native and patched DSDT, I activated in the config Clover debugging:
ACPI -> DSDT -> Debug=true
The result was two files in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin:
DSDT-or.aml - original DSDT from bios
DSDT-pa.aml - auto pached DSDT means Clover.

In the screenshot below we can see the result in errors.
This is a bug in the Clover:

attachment.php

The source of all the problems - activated in the config Clover - Patch HPET.

For notebooks Acer V5-572x with the bios v2.09, option FixHPET_0010=true can not be used! This option breaks the DSDT! And destroys the sleep/wake!

To solve the problem, there are two ways:
1. Use manual editing of the original DSDT and corrected result put in a folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/pached
(For the original DSDT to press F4 in the GUI Clover. Original DSDT.aml get in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin)
2. Use binary patch DSDT through config Clover:
ACPI -> DSDT -> Patches -> xxx
This method is complicated. Then you need experience ...

I like to use the second way.
Tomorrow I will tell you how to patch HPET via a binary patch, and I will link to my Clover set for the BIOS version v2.09 for our laptops.

Attachments

• Скриншот 2013-11-21 22.52.12.jpg
    Скриншот 2013-11-21 22.52.12.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 2,162
  • Скриншот 2013-11-21 20.29.01.jpg
    Скриншот 2013-11-21 20.29.01.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,103
Last edited by a moderator:
My fears were confirmed. Clover broke your DSDT.

Here's your DSDT from the report (ACPI_Tables/AML/DSDT.aml):

74708d1385063195-mavericks-10-9-installation-guide-acer-v5-572p-6858-2013-11-21-22.52.12.jpg

Method P8XH should be at the root of DSDT!!!
It is used in procedures to sleep and waking up from sleep (metods _PIC, _PTS, _WAK)
In your DSDT, method P8XH is not in place, so you have sleep problems...

I set myself the BIOS ver2.09 and tested auto-patch DSDT means Clover.
For comparison, native and patched DSDT, I activated in the config Clover debugging:
ACPI -> DSDT -> Debug=true
The result was two files in the folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin:
DSDT-or.aml - original DSDT from bios
DSDT-pa.aml - auto pached DSDT means Clover.

In the screenshot below we can see the result in errors.
This is a bug in the Clover:

attachment.php

The source of all the problems - activated in the config Clover - Patch HPET.

For notebooks Acer V5-572x with the bios v2.09, option FixHPET_0010=true can not be used! This option breaks the DSDT! And destroys the sleep/wake!

To solve the problem, there are two ways:
1. Use manual editing of the original DSDT and corrected result put in a folder /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/pached
(For the original DSDT to press F4 in the GUI Clover. Original DSDT.aml get in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin)
2. Use binary patch DSDT through config Clover:
ACPI -> DSDT -> Patches -> xxx
This method is complicated. Then you need experience ...

Tomorrow I will tell you how to patch HPET via a binary patch, and I will link to my Clover set for the BIOS version v2.09 for our laptops.

Thanks again, Skvo. That sounds very reasonable for the wakeup issue under battery power (Take longer time but still works).

How about the other two issues listed below?

1) The Clover boot cannot correctly detect the memory in this acer v5-572p laptop. I guess it is caused by one memory fused to the motherboard and only one slot available, so I have to use SMBIOS injection in the config.plist. In this way dual channel cannot be opened. So it is not a perfect solution. Do you happen to know how to make it better?

2) For the HDMI audio, I recently found that if I put the computer to sleep and then wakeup, the sound will not automatically switch to headphone when I plugin the headset. Does this happen to you?

Here is my set UEFI Clover r2303 for Acer V5-572 series with the BIOS ver2.09:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7jaxvsw3dcv8f8a/Clover_r2303_for_Acer_V5-572x_bios_v2.09.zip

Main features set:
1. I do not use Auto-patched DSDT from Clover. (Fix HPET has an error. Some other fixes also have errors and break DSDT)
In config Clover: ACPI -> DSDT -> Fixes -> (ALL_Fixes) = false

Instead, to correct DSDT, I use:
1a. binary patch HPET for the BIOS version v2.09.
This fix add "IRQNoFlags () {0,8}" to HPET device:

attachment.php

1b. also, to correct DSDT, I use additional SSDT (EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched\SSDT-2.aml)
This SSDT inject "hda-gfx=onboard-1" to device HDEF for working HDMI sound.
And this SSDT add device PNLF for working backlight.
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("SSDT-2.aml", "SSDT", 2, "APPLE ", "Acer", 0x00001000)
{
    Method (_SB.PCI0.HDEF._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer (One) { 0x03 })  }
        Return (Package (0x02)
        {
            "hda-gfx", 
            Buffer (0x0A)
            {
                "onboard-1"
            }
        })
    }
    Device (_SB.PNLF)
    {
        Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
        Name (_CID, "backlight")
        Name (_UID, 0x0A)
        Name (_STA, 0x0B)
    }
}

2. My laptop V5-572G has a graphics from NVIDIA.
To reduce the temperature at idle, it is necessary to disable the NVIDIA OPTIMUS. If you do not turn off - the laptop will overheat.
To disable OPTIMUS, I use additional SSDT (EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\ patched\SSDT-1.aml)

This SSDT - is a universal patch to disable OPTIMUS on any laptops ACER (also will operate on most laptops, HP, ASUS, Dell, and others)
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("SSDT-1.aml", "SSDT", 2, "APPLE ", "Optimus", 0x00001000)
{
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0, DeviceObj)
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS3, MethodObj)
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM, MethodObj)
    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0)
    {
        Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM (Buffer (0x10)
                {
                    /* 0000 */   0xF8, 0xD8, 0x86, 0xA4, 0xDA, 0x0B, 0x1B, 0x47,
                    /* 0008 */   0xA7, 0x2B, 0x60, 0x42, 0xA6, 0xB5, 0xBE, 0xE0
                }, 0x0100, 0x1A, Buffer (0x04)
                {
                     0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03
                })
            If (One)
            {
                \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS3 ()
            }
        }
    }
}

This uses SSDT calls _PS3 and _DSM of native SSDT tables from the BIOS ver2.09. Therefore it is impossible to drop it all the original tables SSDT.
In config Clover: ACPI -> SSDT -> DropOem=false

3. To work CPU SpeedSpepping, I use tools Clover:
In config Clover: ACPI -> SSDT -> Generate -> CStates=true (and PStates=true).

But Bios also inserts its SSDT tables that interfere with tables generated Clover.
For successful operation Speedstepping, which gives the table bios must be discarded.
Do drop all SSDT tables can not be, because this breaks off OPTIMUS.
So do selective drop interfering tables.

Here are all of the tables in the BIOS ver2.09 (from Clover bootlog):

attachment.php

Names of all the tables are the same, so you have to do drop along the length of the tables:

attachment.php

4. Patch AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext on the fly:
This patches fixes Backlight and HDMI sound:

attachment.php

This kit Clover should come to the entire series of notebooks: V5-572, V5-572P, V5-572G, V5-572PG.
When using battery power, the laptop should always wake up on the first try.
GenericUSBXHCI.kext not be deleted. Work sleep he should not interfere.

P.S. This kit Clover made V5-572 series with FHD (1920x1080). If you have HD screen (1366x768), you should change ig-plateform-id in config.plist (0x01660009 in this case, yours should be 0x01660003)

2) For the HDMI audio, I recently found that if I put the computer to sleep and then wakeup, the sound will not automatically switch to headphone when I plugin the headset. Does this happen to you?
In your report, all kexts you are in the folder EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9, including patched AppleHDA.kext
Code:
0:869  0:004  Injecting kexts for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9
0:869  0:000  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\ACPIBatteryManager.kext
0:870  0:001  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\FakeSMC.kext
0:874  0:003  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\ACPISensors.kext
0:875  0:001  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\CPUSensors.kext
0:876  0:000  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\GPUSensors.kext
0:878  0:002  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\LPCSensors.kext
0:889  0:010  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext
0:892  0:002  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
0:894  0:002  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
0:895  0:001  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
0:898  0:002  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\RealtekRTL8111.kext
0:902  0:004  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\AppleHDA.kext
0:913  0:010  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\AppleHDA.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AppleHDAController.kext
0:916  0:002  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\AppleHDA.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
0:918  0:002  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\AppleHDA.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AppleMikeyDriver.kext
0:921  0:003  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\AppleHDA.kext\Contents\PlugIns\DspFuncLib.kext
0:931  0:009  Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\AppleHDA.kext\Contents\PlugIns\IOHDAFamily.kext
0:965  0:033  count: 17

This is a bad place to store patched kexts!

I use kexts in folder EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9 only at the installation of the system.
After installing OS X, I bear all kexts in folder /Sysytem/Library/Extension/

Attachments

• Скриншот 2013-11-19 23.19.49.png
    Скриншот 2013-11-19 23.19.49.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 2,026
  • Скриншот 2013-11-24 08.40.37.png
    Скриншот 2013-11-24 08.40.37.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 2,045
  • Скриншот 2013-11-24 02.07.42.png
    Скриншот 2013-11-24 02.07.42.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 2,328
  • Скриншот 2013-11-24 02.07.12.png
    Скриншот 2013-11-24 02.07.12.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 2,205
Here is my set UEFI Clover r2303 for Acer V5-572 series with the BIOS ver2.09:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7jaxvsw3dcv8f8a/Clover_r2303_for_Acer_V5-572x_bios_v2.09.zip

This is a bad place to store patched kexts!

I use kexts in folder EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9 only at the installation of the system.
After installing OS X, I bear all kexts in folder /Sysytem/Library/Extension/

Skvo, I've installed your new clover set and moved all kexts from /Clover/kexts/10.9 to /S/L/E. Here is the result:

1) Sleep works normal now with GenericUSBXHCI.kexts installed and under battery power (close lid, sleep from menu and click Fn+F4). But after wakeup, internal speaker and headphone switch remains not working. And the USB port devices (HDD, mouse ...) need more time to wakeup (about 5-10sec more)

2) Sleeps works normal under AC adapter power when close the lid. Internal speaker and headphone switch works! and USB port devices wakeup instantly!

3) Sleeps instantly wakeup under AC adapter power when click Fn+F4 or do sleep from the menu selection. Although system waked up, the screen was off until click any key.

What could be the reason? I have tried to remove GenericUSBXHCI.kexts and SSDT-1.aml (I don't have other graphic card then HD4000), but problem not solved.

Thanks again for the help

Skvo, I've installed your new clover set and moved all kexts from /Clover/kexts/10.9 to /S/L/E. Here is the result:

For USB:
Try to change my kit boot arguments:
instead "-v -gux_no_idle" put "-v -gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle"

For Sound:
Try HDEF fix in Clover config:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Скриншот 2013-11-26 00.38.08.png
    Скриншот 2013-11-26 00.38.08.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 2,015
For USB:
Try to change my kit boot arguments:
instead "-v -gux_no_idle" put "-v -gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle"

For Sound:
Try HDEF fix in Clover config:
75042d1385411908-mavericks-10-9-installation-guide-acer-v5-572p-6858-2013-11-26-00.38.08.png

Skvo, this is great~~~

Sleep now works under all conditions (Closing lid, clicking Fn+F4, and sleeping from menu), both with AC adapter and Battery power. Wonderful!

Also the internal speaker / headphone switch works too. Very occasionally the switch won't change when sleep by Fn+F4, but doing another sleep will make it back to work again. It really doesn't matter now.

Thank you so much,,, I am using mac os x for 99% of the time now,

The battery life is much longer in OS X than in win8. That's 6-8 hrs vs 4-4.5 hrs. And most of all, the laptop runs just quiet and cooler

Hi Mslily, with all this new info from Skvo, would you mind rewriting your guide for a new clean installation with Clover for our laptops? It would be really appreciated.

Hi Mslily, with all this new info from Skvo, would you mind rewriting your guide for a new clean installation with Clover for our laptops? It would be really appreciated.

I will sure do that when I get time later. But you should be able to very quickly switch to Skvo's latest change if you follow my guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back