Contribute
Register

[Mavericks 10.9] Installation guide for Acer V5-572p-6858

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning, the link for clover don't work, where can i download it??
sorry for my english... and thanks for your job¡¡¡¡

Hi, Guys,

I didn't check this thread for a while since my Mavericks build works really good.

Today I need to upgrade Xcode in this 10.9.1 version which require at least 10.9.4. So here is the guide to upgrade to the latest 10.9.5 version:

1) Prepare a USB boot disk as usual. You will need it temporary. Or if you have another MAC OS X build in external HDD like me (I have the 10.8.5 build in the original HDD, this disk is now a usb external drive and I am currently installed 10.9 in SSD), that will be much easier to work on.

2) Backup /S/L/E (You only need two or three files as below. But it doesn't hurt to backup all just in case)
AppleHDA.kext
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
IO80211Family.kext (only if you changed your wlan which need this hack. Don't need this if your wlan is native support)

3) Update OS like real Mac

4) Boot from USB boot disk (or ideally external Mac OS X build like my situation) to replace the files in 2).

5) normal boot into new 10.9.5 and run "kext wizard" to fix permission and re-fresh cache.

That's it. All set~

Hi, mslily, RehabMan,

I have tried several times to update/install Yosemite following this guide, but it always freezes before the install screen in the black screen and white logo with a spinning beach ball...

is there any particular change in the install process I should change ?

Thanks

Hi, mslily, RehabMan,

I have tried several times to update/install Yosemite following this guide, but it always freezes before the install screen in the black screen and white logo with a spinning beach ball...

is there any particular change in the install process I should change ?

Thanks

Yosemite questions should be asked in the appropriate Yosemite forum.

You should read all applicable stickies here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

Hi guys,

Newbie here. I'm looking into hopefully setting up my first Hackintosh.
I've not been able to find a guide for my specific laptop online however.
Mine is an Acer V5-572G. Would this guide be suitable to follow? :?: :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Newbie here. I'm looking into hopefully setting up my first Hackintosh.
I've not been able to find a guide for my specific laptop online however.
Mine is an Acer V5-572G. Would this guide be suitable to follow? :?: :confused:

Thanks in advance.

It really depends on how similar the hardware is inside the laptop.

Hey i am getting kernal panic cpu tryed all flags.i have acer v571 intel i3 sandy bridge intel hd 3000 graphics any help please thanks all 20160209_120720.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back