Contribute
Register

[Mavericks 10.9] Installation guide for Acer V5-572p-6858

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information..i think i should use Macbook Pro 9.1 or 9.2 , that might work.. I just want to make Camera, Mic , Bluetooth & card reader work :(

really stuck on that now :)

I think your v5-571p model is slightly different . But if Webcam works at MBP8,1 SMBIOS, maybe MBP9,1 is better for you. Another thing to check is if your USB port works. Most of acer webcam is usb webcam.

I remember your sound card is quite different. You might first want to check out the Vendor ID and Device ID and search around for the specific solution for your card. My sound card is Realtek with device ID 282

For me it looks your IO system has problem, check kext in that direction

Thanks for the information..i think i should use Macbook Pro 9.1 or 9.2 , that might work.. I just want to make Camera, Mic , Bluetooth & card reader work :(

Good

- - - Updated - - -

Good

I have re-installed and using Macbook Pro 9.2 now .. Camera is working now .. Sound also works but no Bluetooth and card reader

i think power management is not working too.. how can i check if its working or not ? i am not sure about that..

I have realized that when plugging in headphones , sound is not working :(

EDIT : MIC IS WORKING AFTER AUDIO MIDI SETUP :)

I have re-installed and using Macbook Pro 9.2 now .. Camera is working now .. Sound also works but no Bluetooth and card reader

i think power management is not working too.. how can i check if its working or not ? i am not sure about that..

I have realized that when plugging in headphones , sound is not working :(

EDIT : MIC IS WORKING AFTER AUDIO MIDI SETUP :)

For power management, try to open HWMonitor and see if CPU speed step works (CPU should change frequency during different load), see if CPU fan change normally. also check if computer go to sleep (Close lid, operate under battery and check sleep, etc)

For Card reader, it never work for me even in 10.8.5

The Blue tooth is a combo card with wifi, I have replaced it with another wifi which has native Mac OS X support. I don't know if it works under Mavericks, but the bluetooth works natively under Mountain lion

For power management, try to open HWMonitor and see if CPU speed step works (CPU should change frequency during different load), see if CPU fan change normally. also check if computer go to sleep (Close lid, operate under battery and check sleep, etc)

For Card reader, it never work for me even in 10.8.5

The Blue tooth is a combo card with wifi, I have replaced it with another wifi which has native Mac OS X support. I don't know if it works under Mavericks, but the bluetooth works natively under Mountain lion

Power management is working (Y) , sleep is working too :)

I have got DW-131 DLINK WIFI DONGLE which is working fine .. is there a way i can get wifi signal icons on menu bar with that or not ?

EDIT : Sound is working now when i plugged in the headphones .. surprisely ;)) lol

Power management is working (Y) , sleep is working too :)

I have got DW-131 DLINK WIFI DONGLE which is working fine .. is there a way i can get wifi signal icons on menu bar with that or not ?

EDIT : Sound is working now when i plugged in the headphones .. surprisely ;)) lol

Personally, I don't like the idea to use WIFI DONGLE instead of internal PCIe WIFI card. That's why I replaced the original one with one known to work under MAC OS X. I have no idea how to get the wifi icons on menu bar for usb dongle. You may search around

Great, now you have a working system

Personally, I don't like the idea to use WIFI DONGLE instead of internal PCIe WIFI card. That's why I replaced the original one with one known to work under MAC OS X. I have no idea how to get the wifi icons on menu bar for usb dongle. You may search around

Great, now you have a working system

if i get PCIe card which you got , will my Bluetooth work as well natively ? it is supported in 10.9 and will it work in Win8 too as i am dual booting ?

Thanks & Regards

if i get PCIe card which you got , will my Bluetooth work as well natively ? it is supported in 10.9 and will it work in Win8 too as i am dual booting ?

Thanks & Regards

Nope, the PCIe card I got has no bluetooth. Remember if you remove your current wifi card, you removed both your wifi and your bluetooth. They are combo in one single PCIe card.

If you need bluetooth you will have to find another combo card which is supported by Mac OS X. You can find this kind of card in somewhere this forum.

I haven't heard any PCIe wifi or bluetooth card won't work in Windows system. They are basically built for it.

Nope, the PCIe card I got has no bluetooth. Remember if you remove your current wifi card, you removed both your wifi and your bluetooth. They are combo in one single PCIe card.

If you need bluetooth you will have to find another combo card which is supported by Mac OS X. You can find this kind of card in somewhere this forum.

I haven't heard any PCIe wifi or bluetooth card won't work in Windows system. They are basically built for it.

I think this should be working fine right ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-DW1702...luetooth-BT-3-0-mini-pci-e-Card-/170726549810

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back