Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4 gig model is supreme and I can't kill it with Unigine. I left t running on ULTRA for about 35 minutes and came back to it humming along. This thing has pretty much full support and is getting a good 1880-1915 benchmark score which is not bad for $130.

The 2 gb model, after running the 4 gb model I have to say get it over another brand but if you have the choice get the 4g Gigabyte RX460 it runs great and is the first Polaris card I've heard of running Out Of Box! I've ran three and they all work without any fuss or need for settings.
Have you tried a 470 yet?

The 4 gig model is supreme and I can't kill it with Unigine. I left t running on ULTRA for about 35 minutes and came back to it humming along. This thing has pretty much full support and is getting a good 1880-1915 benchmark score which is not bad for $130.

The 2 gb model, after running the 4 gb model I have to say get it over another brand but if you have the choice get the 4g Gigabyte RX460 it runs great and is the first Polaris card I've heard of running Out Of Box! I've ran three and they all work without any fuss or need for settings.

What OS X you are using ? Gigabyte RX460 4g really works OOB ? no need for settings ? You have to boot with iGPU = Primary ? Sleep/Wake is working ?

What OS X you are using ? Gigabyte RX460 4g really works OOB ? no need for settings ? You have to boot with iGPU = Primary ? Sleep/Wake is working ?

I'm in Sierra, the Beta 7 update activated the card. I picked it up right before the update so I know it was the update as it didn't work prior to 7. It runs native in Sierra, get the 4g model it can pass Unigine benchmark on ultra settings.
image.jpeg

I have three of the Gigabyte cards (2) 2gb models and (1) 4gb model. They are not crossfire compatible so I can't run them dual. I also have a XFX 460, and an Asus 460 card. I can get in with the XFX but since the update the Asus won't work.
image.jpeg
Note the Radeon boot up line "fatal".

Last edited:
It's fun to play with new GPUs, but let's sum things up.
If I get it right, Polaris 11 support is on its way (RX 460), Polaris 10 (RX 470, RX 480) is not.
RX 460 is a joke, look at the benchmarks: it's an entry level GPU.
IMHO, just stick to nvidia GTX 9XX series, and prey for a quick Pascal (GTX 10XX) support after Sierra is released (which may not happen).

Have you tried a 470 yet?

I was hoping someone somewhere with a hackintosh would have tried it, but no, I need to return a few cards before I can get an RX 470. It'll be soon, maybe tonight I'll order one.
@Gigamaxx: That "fatal" is not coming from Apples drivers, but from FakeSMC's "RadeonSensors" plugin.

So should we not use fakeSMC's plugin and see if another card boots? What the heck, why not.

yep, I agree.. I'm just hoping someone gets the rx480 to work (nitro preferably).. wtf is wrong with AMD? Don't they want GPU sales? Maybe they should send drivers to Apple which support all their gpus

It's fun to play with new GPUs, but let's sum things up.
If I get it right, Polaris 11 support is on its way (RX 460), Polaris 10 (RX 470, RX 480) is not.
IMHO, just stick to nvidia GTX 9XX series, and prey for a quick Pascal (GTX 10XX) support after Sierra is released (which may not happen).

Go Green!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back