Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
gigamaxx can you run unigene heaven with the ga card with no freezes and do you need fixdisplay in clover thx

I boot with the HDMI connected to the card, it is a black screen until the last part of the Apple and boot bar. It opens up to the password and blurred Sierra screen until I enter password. I have a Gigabyte Z170 board "peripherals" Initial Display Output (IGFX, not pcie). Next frame over in bios " Chipset" Internal Grphics (.AUTO, not enable or disable).
During boot you can hear the card rev up and down and then whoosh, like it should.

If I set the IGFX to enable my card does not read and its black screen after boot. If I plug my HDMI into the board HDMI (internal graphics) during boot the card works but has no acceleration.

I'm getting 70+fps on Unigine on low settings, about 40-50 on medium and 10-15 on high. Ultra settings freeze the screen after about ten seconds. Before the update I was only able to run Unigine with the internal graphics HDMI connection (10-15 fps),if I used the card output it would go to black screen immediately. This card works, my other two were retested and do not get support. They limp along on idle and it's harder to get through the boot cycle with them connected. I believe either Gigabyte is supplying the Mac boards or they are using the same bios, or both. This card doesn't have the 6 pin connector which is what drove me to get it. I'm glad I did.

Fix display is not needed, I have booted with and without it.l

Last edited:
• Just make a dumb of your VBIOS with DPCIManager by clicking the little "EYE"-button left side of RX460 gfx name

• Rename the saved VBIOS file to 1002_67ef.rom and drop the file (filesize should be around 64kb) into the following location:
your EFI partition ---> EFI/CLOVER/ROM

• within your config.plist insert into section Graphics the following code:
<key>LoadVBios</key>
<true/>[/SIZ

• Reboot system and see what happens.

I don't have the time to get the Asus card going, I'm having boot problems with it, see pics.
G
Also, this is the boot flag/error I'm talking about after Beta 7. It's OS UEFI and I have to remove it to any other card to boot. Using this method.

Bcfg boot dump, bcfg boot rm, exit.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 618
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 625
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 647
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 610
Last edited:
It worked Mork! I put the dsdt file in the Rom file in clover and boots with fake gpu ID 0.67EF1002 and it went whoosh. XFX RX480 in Sierra with support.
image.jpeg

Uniengine at medium settings ran in the 70+ range, low settings ran 100+ range but it was crashing at about 10-15 seconds in tearing and then dropping out of the app. It's a partial support compared to my 460 Gigabyte. It reads as R9 XXX 8196mb, gotta try a 470, they are reported to do better.

Update: Guide to run RX 4XX cards.

1). Download this: 1002_67ef_22d21458.rom.zip

2). Insert file above in your Clover Rom folder.

3). Clover Settings GRAPHICS FAKE ID = 0.67EF1002, Inject ATI [X], Load video Bios ]X]. also, inject intel settings if needed.

4). Boot up and listen for the whoosh! Thats a reference card reference. Check About this mac, go to graphics/Displays and look for supported status as shown above.

5). Thank Florian, MorK, and Gigabyte for this fix, and please, donate to this site I've been posting a lot of pictures lately.

Attachments

• 1002_67ef_22d21458.rom.zip
    44.2 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
I'm not sure if I understand what you did there. As @Mork_vom_Ork explained, Clover's 'LoadVBIOS' feature is expecting a VBIOS ROM file with the name vendorid_deviceid.rom in said folder, not a DSDT.

Activating 'LoadVBIOS' without providing a BIOS image (that's what you did in the end) tells Clover to dynamically load the cards VBIOS from memory. In most (but not all) cases this is equivalent to LoadVBIOS=False.

I'm not sure if I understand what you did there. As @Mork_vom_Ork explained, Clover's 'LoadVBIOS' feature is expecting a VBIOS ROM file with the name vendorid_deviceid.rom in said folder, not a DSDT.

Activating 'LoadVBIOS' without providing a BIOS image (that's what you did in the end) tells Clover to dynamically load the cards VBIOS from memory. In most (but not all) cases this is equivalent to LoadVBIOS=False.

It can surely only be the Injection and FakeID - Either that or this has to be the first ever true-negative-positive i have read here on TM86

Martin

@Fl0r!an - Do you have anybody testing Sapphire R9 285 DX for you ?

If not i will try it out if i can get Sierra to play with this Z10 board

Martin

We already had reports of a R9 380, which is more or less identical:
Apple has finally included a matching framebuffer, which is very good news. Sadly the old "Tonga issue" persists, so we still have to boot with iGPU = Primary to prevent booting to a black screen.

We already had reports of a R9 380, which is more or less identical:
Apple has finally included a matching framebuffer, which is very good news. Sadly the old "Tonga issue" persists, so we still have to boot with iGPU = Primary to prevent booting to a black screen.

Well that's going to make this build harder still then, Dual Xeons with no iGPU, might have to scrap the Radeon then :/

Martin

Gigamaxx:

what i was meaning to save VBIOS file was - click the market button to save it as below
DPCIManager.jpg

then rename the saved file to 1002_67EF.rom* and save it to EFI/CLOVER/ROM

* = or whatever your cards vendor-id_device-id is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back