Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I understand what you did there. As @Mork_vom_Ork explained, Clover's 'LoadVBIOS' feature is expecting a VBIOS ROM file with the name vendorid_deviceid.rom in said folder, not a DSDT.

Activating 'LoadVBIOS' without providing a BIOS image (that's what you did in the end) tells Clover to dynamically load the cards VBIOS from memory. In most (but not all) cases this is equivalent to LoadVBIOS=False.

It's strange, but it got me in with the RX480
I'm not sure if I understand what you did there. As @Mork_vom_Ork explained, Clover's 'LoadVBIOS' feature is expecting a VBIOS ROM file with the name vendorid_deviceid.rom in said folder, not a DSDT.

Activating 'LoadVBIOS' without providing a BIOS image (that's what you did in the end) tells Clover to dynamically load the cards VBIOS from memory. In most (but not all) cases this is equivalent to LoadVBIOS=False.
Gigamaxx:

what i was meaning to save VBIOS file was - click the market button to save it as below
DPCIManager.jpg

then rename the saved file to 1002_67EF.rom* and save it to EFI/CLOVER/ROM

* = or whatever your cards vendor-id_device-id is.

That's what I did, and got the dsdt file. I will try again. On one of the XFX cards I got that correct file.

Here's the file placed in clover.
image.jpeg

Can i flash one of the other cards with this file?

got it!
1002_67ef_22d21458.rom.zip
this is the 4 gb

Attachments

• 1002_67ef_22d21458.rom.zip
    44.2 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
The 4 gig model is supreme and I can't kill it with Unigine. I left t running on ULTRA for about 35 minutes and came back to it humming along. This thing has pretty much full support and is getting a good 1880-1915 benchmark score which is not bad for $130.

The 2 gb model, after running the 4 gb model I have to say get it over another brand but if you have the choice get the 4g Gigabyte RX460 it runs great and is the first Polaris card I've heard of running Out Of Box! I've ran three and they all work without any fuss or need for settings.

I cannot reproduce the RX480 running "supported" again. Like you said it must have been some freak clover/bios anomaly. I was running Unigine on it and it was breaking 200 fps, it was unstable though and would crash at 30 second mark or so. Very strange, I found the Vbios and placed it in the rom folder and it won't boot any other cards with fake ID, I've even renamed the rom file a few times trying to match the card I'd but no success. The other cards will run at idle but Unigine kills them instantly.
I tried to upload the Vbios file to this site but I'm getting an error message. I have it isolated and made copies. I feel like my picture, WAT!

Last edited:
most files need to be zipped before upload or they will get corrupted

right click and select compress and your golden

Would be nice to know which GPU is supported in Sierra. Would prefer to get the Sapphire Nitro rx480, but seems like I'll have to go with a Gigabyte rx460.. or would it be better to get a gtx970 or a r9 390 at this point, because Sierra might be **** and I might want to stick to yosemite??

Check out the benchmarks, the 4gb memory model hits 1915 on Unigine. I ant kill it with ultra settings, it just keeps cruising along at 25-35 fps. The 2gb model is struggling to even pass a benchmark (2 out of 8 attempts) it makes it to 21 out of 26 usually before it quits. For $130 you can't go wrong. When things settle, hopefully we'll know which cards are best, either for speed and performance, or for ease of updates.

ive had good luck with msi vbios working in osx if someone want to try a msi card they have been accused of catering to apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back