Contribute
Register

Lower resolution after Ventura 13.4.1 update. Bluetooth not recognized, black screen when connecting mouse or keyboard

Motherboard
Gigabyte B450M S2H
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
So I am running latest Opencore, and I get a lower resolution on macos login screen (see attached pic) : it is less sharp and more grainy than the desktop resolution. After login, resolution is ok. Bluetooth is only recognized after login (TP Link UB400). My wireless mouse Logitech M170 is fonctional.

When I plug magic keyboard or mouse to login, I get a black screen. But I get the display back by moving the mouse (reminds me of Win 95, see attached pic). Then I have to manually restart the hackintosh cause I am stuck.

UI Scale is set to 01 and resolution to Max on Opencore.

Monitor is a 2560x1080p screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20230707_152333.jpg
    IMG_20230707_152333.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230707_152520.jpg
    IMG_20230707_152520.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 22
Have you updated the OC kexts and AMD kernel patches also to the latest versions? Do you have SMCAMDProcessor added?

As you have a RX570 you shouldn’t be having issues as it is fully supported on Ventura. What boot-args are you using and you have you added any device properties for the DGPU under your PCI devices table?

Have you updated the OC kexts and AMD kernel patches also to the latest versions? Do you have SMCAMDProcessor added?

As you have a RX570 you shouldn’t be having issues as it is fully supported on Ventura. What boot-args are you using and you have you added any device properties for the DGPU under your PCI devices table?
Hello, thanks for your reply.

I have updated kexts through OCAuxiliary, it seems to be up to date. I updated the AMD kernel patches following the Dortania guide. SMCAMDProcessor is added.

Here are my boot args : debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=1 npci=0x3000

I don't know where to check if I added any device properties, is it on the config.plist ?

PS : I forgot to mention that I had to reset my bios just after updating to ventura (messed up some settings), maybe the answer is bios related but I don't know which setting I enabled/disabled in the past to prevent those types of problems.

Thank you for your time

Problem fixed by disabling fast and secure boot in the BIOS. Thank you for your time !

Back