Contribute
Register

KNNSpeed's Build: DZ77RE-75K - Core i7-2600k - XFX 5670

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have this problem, once, but it was due to UniBeast trying to boot the wrong drive. Do you have any other drives in your system? Also, are you using the latest UniBeast?

The sata port shouldn't matter, so long as you are in AHCI mode (or RAID with a modified kext).

Yeah, I had my old setup still hooked up. Lion on my partitioned SSD with Windows 7, and then two 1 TB HD's each with just data on them. I've got the BIOS in AHCI mode and using Unibeast 1.5.3

It's weird. I cant figure out why it's doing this loop thing. I mean, all the kexts load...then I get the "flash" of the apple screen...and that's it. I have the SSD plugged into the SATA 0 port (which is the 6 GB port). Maybe that's making the difference.

Scratching my head here.

I mean, I suppose I could get Mountain Lion and install that....which is my ultimate goal. That might work better. I just wanted to get the system up and working before I updated.

I'm using the 10.7.0 Lion version that I originally bought. I wonder if that has any effect, too.

Update: Figured it out. Realized that the Lion I purchased didn't support the Z77 board or Ivy Bridge....so I found Bridge Helper. Duh. Oh well. Looks like I'm off to a good start. :)

I mean, I suppose I could get Mountain Lion and install that....which is my ultimate goal. That might work better. I just wanted to get the system up and working before I updated.

I'm using the 10.7.0 Lion version that I originally bought. I wonder if that has any effect, too.

Update: Figured it out. Realized that the Lion I purchased didn't support the Z77 board or Ivy Bridge....so I found Bridge Helper. Duh. Oh well. Looks like I'm off to a good start. :)

Ah, well, that'll do it!
What I had originally done was install 10.7.4 on a DZ68DB, then swapped the boards (because the z68 one died). So thanks for finding that out! Hope all goes well now!

Oh, and Mountain Lion does have native z77 support, too, so bridgehelper isn't needed once you get to that stage.
If you run into other issues, I'll help the best I can!

Hey, thanksnn Appreciate it.

So Lion Unibeast with Bridge Helper works flawlessly. Then the Next hiccup. When I restart after installing multibeast....it's as though I have no partition there at all. It just boots directly into my windows partition. I repair permissions I must be missing something.

As for installing ML, using Unibeast is not so friendly. I'm getting the "scrolling wheel" with the "no" sign. Booting in verbose impose I have some sort of USB timeout.

Back to the drawing board. I'll get there eventually!

Hey, thanksnn Appreciate it.

So Lion Unibeast with Bridge Helper works flawlessly. Then the Next hiccup. When I restart after installing multibeast....it's as though I have no partition there at all. It just boots directly into my windows partition. I repair permissions I must be missing something.

As for installing ML, using Unibeast is not so friendly. I'm getting the "scrolling wheel" with the "no" sign. Booting in verbose impose I have some sort of USB timeout.

Back to the drawing board. I'll get there eventually!

The reason you can't boot from your hard drive is because it's 1TB, check out my build http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/57698-kanyes-build-i5-2500k-z77-ds3h-8gb-ram-gtx-560-ti.html and in the installation notes I explain how to get it up and running

The reason you can't boot from your hard drive is because it's 1TB, check out my build http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/57698-kanyes-build-i5-2500k-z77-ds3h-8gb-ram-gtx-560-ti.html and in the installation notes I explain how to get it up and running

Actually, my boot drive is my 90 GB. I have it partitioned with windows 7 on it. I put Win 8 on my 1 TB hard drive, just to try it out. So, the problem now is that when I boot, it ignores the SSD entirely. I had the same setup with a DP55KG and it worked fine. Like I said, I think I'm just missing something.

What I'd really like to figure out is why Unibeast ML is getting hung up.

Ah, well, that'll do it!
What I had originally done was install 10.7.4 on a DZ68DB, then swapped the boards (because the z68 one died). So thanks for finding that out! Hope all goes well now!

Oh, and Mountain Lion does have native z77 support, too, so bridgehelper isn't needed once you get to that stage.
If you run into other issues, I'll help the best I can!

I'm helping a friend who has the intel DZ68DB...do you have a working dsdt for this board?
tks in advance:beachball::beachball::beachball:

Actually, my boot drive is my 90 GB. I have it partitioned with windows 7 on it. I put Win 8 on my 1 TB hard drive, just to try it out. So, the problem now is that when I boot, it ignores the SSD entirely. I had the same setup with a DP55KG and it worked fine. Like I said, I think I'm just missing something.

What I'd really like to figure out is why Unibeast ML is getting hung up.
In my experience, Windows 8 messed with the UEFI boot table (then again, that was the DZ68DB that I tested it with. I'm not sure if it still applies). Can you boot to OS X with all other drives unplugged? Can you boot to OS X with any UniBeast stick? Can you boot into OS X using an rBoot CD? (Also, try rBoot and UniBeast without any of the other drives plugged in. I personally kept all separate drives disconnected until I had OS X up and working properly, then I connected them all and configured Windows 7's bootloader to have an OS X entry.)

You are using my posted MultiBeast and Chameleon/Chimera settings for the correct OS, right? I have posted one set for Lion, and one set for Mountain Lion.
Worst comes to worst, perhaps starting over with just Mountain Lion may be an option...?

I know we can get this working somehow!

Bimbo69 said:
I'm helping a friend who has the intel DZ68DB...do you have a working dsdt for this board?
tks in advance
I never used a DSDT, sorry... I got almost everything to work without one.

In my experience, Windows 8 messed with the UEFI boot table (then again, that was the DZ68DB that I tested it with. I'm not sure if it still applies). Can you boot to OS X with all other drives unplugged? Can you boot to OS X with any UniBeast stick? Can you boot into OS X using an rBoot CD? (Also, try rBoot and UniBeast without any of the other drives plugged in. I personally kept all separate drives disconnected until I had OS X up and working properly, then I connected them all and configured Windows 7's bootloader to have an OS X entry.)

You are using my posted MultiBeast and Chameleon/Chimera settings for the correct OS, right? I have posted one set for Lion, and one set for Mountain Lion.
Worst comes to worst, perhaps starting over with just Mountain Lion may be an option...?

I know we can get this working somehow!

Hey, thanks. Again, appreciate your thoughts.

Yeah, it's really weird. I d/c'd the HD with Win 8 on it and just have my SSD hooked up to the Sata0 port. The board ignores the SSD entirely, as if it's not there. It says "insert a working drive." It even had a working copy of Win7 on it....wouldn't load. I'm guessing it has to do with me installing Windows 8 to check it out. Because I could boot into Win7, which I installed first on the SSD, then Win 8 on a separate HD, then tried Mac and ran into these problems. The SSD is fine, as I can access, write to it, etc, if it's used as a secondary drive. It just won't boot to it.

It boots perfect into OSX if I use the Lion Unibeast USB and Bridge Helper. It's just when I try to restart it on its own without that USB that it just sits and blinks at me. The other thing, too, is that when trying to install Mountain Lion with Unibeast, I get the AppleUSBEHCI error...and it just sits and hangs.

Ugh.....what did I get myself into! I feel like Icarus. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back