Contribute
Register

KNNSpeed's Build: DZ77RE-75K - Core i7-2600k - XFX 5670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much, I will try next week...I'm giving up with the gt430 so will try this one... also noticed that my card is the ddr5 one..same brand and chip so would run the same good...did you use the same AMDRadeon kexts? Did you try VGA using the analog DVI with the adapter? I think you should get cinebench score about 30fps right?
Big tis

Well in that case, motherboard here I come! I really like this motherboard like I said before and now I know it's not too much hassle to get it up and running on OSX

Thanks
You're welcome!
And if you need any help along the way, I'm here to help!

Thank you very much, I will try next week...I'm giving up with the gt430 so will try this one... also noticed that my card is the ddr5 one..same brand and chip so would run the same good...did you use the same AMDRadeon kexts? Did you try VGA using the analog DVI with the adapter? I think you should get cinebench score about 30fps right?
Big tis

VGA works on mine with an adapter, yep! I only modified the one kext I uploaded (which is the Mountain Lion one, by the way. I have the modified Lion one saved somewhere, though, if you want that, because the Lion one is different from the Mountain Lion one). I don't know if the DDR5 model will work the same way; as I can only vouch for mine.

I think I had more than 30fps, actually--but I never saved the benchmark :/

I'm curious to know if it works with the DDR5 model, so here's hoping!

Just want to say you've been incredibly helpful KNNSpeed. All your advice so far has been spot on. Switching from advanced to normal in boot items fixed the problem right away. My system is now running almost perfectly. For some reason, bios doesn't recognize my mechanical keyboard (max keyboard nighthawk x9), so I have to use a separate keyboard to do anything in the chimera boot loader, but I just set it to auto load OS X after 5 seconds. This seems to be a known issue with that particular keyboard though, hopefully it's addressed in a future bios update. The other strange issue has to do with the nvidia GTX 670 I'm using. For some reason HD video and flash video don't seem to be playing properly. I get purple video with a lot of artifacts when I try and play those kinds of video files. That's an issue for a different part of the forums though :) Thanks a lot!

I'm happy to help; Great to hear you've got your system up and running well!

But one thing to try about your graphics issue, though, would be to disable the "PCIe ASPM" option in the "Power" menu of the classic BIOS. I did have problems with my card and annoying flickering screens before I turned that off, so maybe it might work for you. I also turned on the "Native ACPI OS PCIe Support" option, but I don't know if that would have any effect, especially since I don't know what it does (and Intel was of no help/doesn't have a good explanation for it, either).

To Stork:
By any chance, is there a way to run that command in Single User mode?

To Stork:
By any chance, is there a way to run that command in Single User mode?

Do you mean in a non administrative mode? Not using the "sudo" terminal command? Yes, but you won't be able to repair permissions on the system files unless you have administrator permission associated with your account. By using the sudo command, you clean up all the permissions associated with OS X. Try it.

If you're referring to the -s Single User Mode, I don't know. I can't remember the last time I was in Single User Mode (and I go back to the 10.0 Beta OS X). Again, try it.

Do you mean in a non administrative mode? Not using the "sudo" terminal command? Yes, but you won't be able to repair permissions on the system files unless you have administrator permission associated with your account. By using the sudo command, you clean up all the permissions associated with OS X. Try it.

If you're referring to the -s Single User Mode, I don't know. I can't remember the last time I was in Single User Mode (and I go back to the 10.0 Beta OS X). Again, try it.
I meant the -s Single User mode, yes.
So I tried it to see if it would work and it doesn't--I get an error about not being able to run diskutil in Single User mode, which I guess makes sense. :/

I have bad luck with my xfx 5670 ddr5 with my mobo ga-z68ma-d2h-be with uefi bios, osx never come up just the sppining wheel and it turns really hot...I've tried smbios as imac 12.2 and macpro 3.1 same result no matter which kext I use, maybe I need to reinstall and check from windows 7 too...or wait for a fermi nvidia solution...:banghead:...

I think also that parallels desktop is affecting when a card is changed, booting -v it shows a lot of thing about it, and hangs too, but it is just a guess...:beachball:

If booting with -v shows the problem as being with anything other than the graphics card, I can't really help you since I've only ever used the Intel boards DZ68DB and DZ77RE-75K (which is what this thread is about). What exactly does -v hang on, and have you tried using the PCIRootUID=1 flag at Chimera?

I'm having trouble with my install. I've put Lion on a DP55Kg with no problem. Upgraded to the DZ77RE-75k board and put in a 3770k i7. It puts up the Unibeast load screen loads, but once I run the USB to start the installer, I see the apple screen for a fraction of a second...then the computer restarts. Did you have this problem with your board? Could it be that I have my SSD in the 6 GB Sata plug?

I have a Radeon HD 5770, 16 GB Ram (only put in 4 right now during the install), a OCZ 60GB SSD. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back