Contribute
Register

Jays MonkeyBook Pro - The Ultimate Sony VPC-SE CustoMac Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
111.jpg

@Jay

When I use lenovo official driver, it shows "no BT device detected",

with Dell's it shows "please activate your BT device with wireless switch", but the wireless lamp is being on.

With Sony SA's Broadcomm driver, it did install smoothly, but still no BT device show up after it.

cheers

Pongchang

@Jay

I tape the pin #51 following this thread and BT shows up immediately after rebooting.

pongchang,

Interesting .... this maybe an important difference between Sony SE & Sony SA/SB/SC BT spec as I don't have to tape any pins to get WiFi & BT working ... I wonder if it's because you had separate BT & WiFi cards originally ... ?

Well done for finding a solution and posting feedback.

Cheers
Jay

@Jay

another interesting thing is after taping the pin #51, if I boot the laptop, the wireless signal lamp is on but turn off when enter into osx. but both wifi and bluetooth works fine and the switch of wireless still works but the lamp can never power on, the Firmware Version: v14 c5575, same as yours But if boot to win7 the lamp is always on, even reboot to osx. But the firmware version become v14 c52XX(can't remember clearly).

Just install a new 10.9.5 totally from your instruction and works better and stable than before. The only problem is the audio device can't be found.

Thanks

pongchang

Just install a new 10.9.5 totally from your instruction and works better and stable than before. The only problem is the audio device can't be found.

@pongchang,

Have you installed the patched AppleHDA.kext from the post install pack ?

Cheers
Jay

@pongchang,

Have you installed the patched AppleHDA.kext from the post install pack ?

Cheers
Jay

@Jay,

It's the problem form my DSDT, Now it's working perfect except for the Wireless lamp after taping pin #51, but not a big problem.

Now try to make iMessage working and begin to upgrade to Yosemite.

Cheers

Pongchang

@Jay @Yuchen1211,

I have replaced the new wifi/BT radio card for my SA and removed the original isolated BT card which is located under F7 and F8 keys. A cable connected it to the motherboard. The original antenna is still kept but useless.

It's easy to expose it and will definitely help avoiding many weird BT problem.

View attachment 127047

View attachment 127048

Pongchang,

Sorry for replying late because I just saw the post and thanks for the info. I may try this after updating to Yosemite.

View attachment 127744

@Jay

When I use lenovo official driver, it shows "no BT device detected",

with Dell's it shows "please activate your BT device with wireless switch", but the wireless lamp is being on.

With Sony SA's Broadcomm driver, it did install smoothly, but still no BT device show up after it.

cheers

Pongchang

@Pongchang

For BT's driver in Windows, you may try this.
It works for my Windows.

Hey Jay,
I thinks my bluetooth is not working properly !
Its not showing devices !

Hey Jay,
I thinks my bluetooth is not working properly !
Its not showing devices !

@siddsimac,

If you are using the method from my old guide, try switching to the new method, see the this guide :-

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Remove all existing WiFi & BT kexts & patches from my old guide & ensure all Apple kexts are vanilla

If using AW-CE123H then install:-

BrcmPatchRAM.kext
FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext
FakePCIID.kext

Use the Darkvoids Country Code Clover Patch to enable 5Ghz

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back