Contribute
Register

Jays MonkeyBook Pro - The Ultimate Sony VPC-SE CustoMac Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to thank you for this amazing thread.

But I am having trouble extracting the post install file in the attachment.

In OS X it says Unable to expand "Post Install V1.2.zip" into "Downloads". (Error 1 - Operation not permitted.)

In Windows the Sony_SE(SA/SB).mb file is can't be extracted.

Anyone else having this problem?

I am having trouble extracting the post install file in the attachment ...In OS X it says Unable to expand "Post Install V1.2.zip" into "Downloads". (Error 1 - Operation not permitted.)

In Windows the Sony_SE(SA/SB).mb file is can't be extracted.

Anyone else having this problem?

@sangwich,

Very odd, i just downloaded the file myself and checked it and it generates the same error ?

The file has worked for many users since it was originally uploaded so I cant really explain whats going on, clearly something odd going on with the .mb (multibeast profile) file. I'll look into it later today and update this post when resolved.

Update: It looks like it was an issue with the '/' in some filenames - have replaced with '_' and repacked - attached to end of guide (Post #1)

Cheers
Jay

@Jay @Yuchen1211,

I have replaced the new wifi/BT radio card for my SA and removed the original isolated BT card which is located under F7 and F8 keys. A cable connected it to the motherboard. The original antenna is still kept but useless.

It's easy to expose it and will definitely help avoiding many weird BT problem.

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

@sangwich,

Very odd, i just downloaded the file myself and checked it and it generates the same error ?

The file has worked for many users since it was originally uploaded so I cant really explain whats going on, clearly something odd going on with the .mb (multibeast profile) file. I'll look into it later today and update this post when resolved.

Update: It looks like it was an issue with the '/' in some filenames - have replaced with '_' and repacked - attached to end of guide (Post #1)

Cheers
Jay

Thanks again Jay!

---------------------------------
So I've been asking everyone here something... When you connect your VAIO to a monitor or tv via HDMI does your VAIO screen resolution go to 1080p? I have a vpcsa23gx which is a 13 inch. Highest resolution is 1600x900 but it goes to 1080p when I connect an external display. I was wondering if there is a way to keep it at that resolution or higher. I would love to have more screen realty. Been googling for the past two days but haven't found anything useful yet.

When you connect your VAIO to a monitor or tv via HDMI does your VAIO screen resolution go to 1080p? I have a vpcsa23gx which is a 13 inch. Highest resolution is 1600x900 but it goes to 1080p when I connect an external display. I was wondering if there is a way to keep it at that resolution or higher. I would love to have more screen realty.

@sangwich,

As long as your DSDT is good and the EDID data is correct and you are using the patched Intel Frame Buffer kext then OSX will treat them a separate displays. Each can be scalded using the Display preferences - I tend to set my IPS screen at 1600x900, my eyes are just too knackered for 1080P on a 15" display...

Make sure you have Display mirroring turned off ...

This way you can Scale the internal screen and external HDMI display to what ever you want. I sometime plug my laptop into my 27" HDMI screen in the bedroom and set the display for 720P or 1080P for watching movies.

If you do not turn off Mirroring then both the internal screen and external screen will scale to the highest common resolution .... so if external screen has max res of 72P then the internal screen will also change to that ... with display mirroring tuned off you can set them to whatever you want and OS X should remember the setting next time you boot up, if you have multiple external screens EG: TV in Lounge & TV in bedroom then OSX will remember settings for each external display including different backgrounds/wallpaper.

Cheers
Jay

I have replaced the new wifi/BT radio card for my SA and removed the original isolated BT card which is located under F7 and F8 keys. A cable connected it to the motherboard. The original antenna is still kept but useless.

It's easy to expose it and will definitely help avoiding many weird BT problem.

@pongchang,

Thanks for posting info, i didn't know that SA the had separate BT card (like my old SZ-XP1) .... Vaio SE has BT & WiFi on same mPCIe card.

I assume that you now have combined WiFi & BT mPCIe card ?

Cheers
Jay

@Jay

yes, I replaced bcm94352 you recommended for handoff function. Unfortunately, the wifi works fine but the BT cannot be recognized by Win7. Haven't time to edit dsdt so don't know what happened in OSX.

Already reset bios but useless.

the seller said The 20th pin of the card need to be covered/sheltered.

Any idea about it?

cheers

I replaced bcm94352 you recommended for handoff function. Unfortunately, the wifi works fine but the BT cannot be recognised by Win7.

@pongchang,

I think you just need to find the correct driver, the taping of pin20 is only required to disable BIOS based white-listed mPCIe cards which Sony S does not implement.

Try the attached ....

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• Broadcom Bluetooth Driver.zip
    99.3 MB · Views: 196
  • AzureWave WiFi Driver.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 80
@Jay

thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I have tried many different driver but still can't find it.

the driver you attached shows 'no BT license' when installing and then terminate.

also tried to install a new win8.1 and no BT card found, but this card works well on another ASUS laptop.

My SA has a different bios edition number even dump same bin file with yours SE.

Unfortunately, I have tried many different driver but still can't find it.
the driver you attached shows 'no BT license' when installing and then terminate.

@pongchang,

I've never seen that message on any system from that driver ... it sounds like it could be a issue with the branding of the card ? ....

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back