Contribute
Register

iTunes Protected Video Black Screen Solution (HDCP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much thanks!!
GA-Z68X-UD5H with a Nvidia GTX980ti 10.11.5
Placed both in the EFI of clover efi/Clover/kexts/10.11

defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceNV -boolean yes
defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA
sudo rm -rf /Users/Shared/SC\ Info
sudo defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
sudo defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA

Rebooted system. Played Superman vs. Batman trailer... Bob's your uncle!!

Thanks for this !
I can confirm it working with my build z170-ar & 6700k & Nvidia 980ti on 10.11.6
Thank you very much

For Maxwell cards you need to inject/change some values for IOVARendererID/IOVARendererSubID
What he did, was compile a kext as the FAQ said with the values to replace and it worked

Yep you are right!! But FYI these files are not mine. I found them in a different forum. Can't take the credit for it.

Yep you are right!! But FYI these files are not mine. I found them in a different forum. Can't take the credit for it.
Huh? No you didn't. They're not in a different forum, they're the exact method posted by the OP at the start of this whole thread!

Huh? No you didn't. They're not in a different forum, they're the exact method posted by the OP at the start of this whole thread!

You maybe right. I have been looking around and playing with different files. Just supplying what worked for me. Again, not my files.

After some testing I come to this conclusion. While trailers do work, they seem to be in SD instead of HD.

Looks like SD, right. But the quality on my real rMBP is the same.

Btw:
What is the magic behind this KEXT? What exactly is done here to make it work?

Much thanks!!
GA-Z68X-UD5H with a Nvidia GTX980ti 10.11.5
Placed both in the EFI of clover efi/Clover/kexts/10.11

defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceNV -boolean yes
defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA
sudo rm -rf /Users/Shared/SC\ Info
sudo defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
sudo defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA

Rebooted system. Played Superman vs. Batman trailer... Bob's your uncle!!

Just a quick P.S to my earlier post ...

Thank you very much to @cabal2000 for compiling the iMac.kext/plist and saving me the trouble of building my own. I was at the point of giving up on this quest to get DRM video running in iTunes (not an issue it seems to me whether it is SD or HD. My purchased SD videos still have DRM and wouldn't play.)

It's worth mentioning I don't have the Nvidia model mentioned, I have a GTX 750i.

DRM iTunes video playback IS WORKING NOW! First time in a long while (probably since a hardware upgrade in the dim and distant) :clap:

I placed shiki.kext (the one I still don't fully understand! :silent:) and the iMac.kext both in CLOVER/kexts/10.11/

I had already run the Terminal scripts once previously and was not happy to repeat. As it happened I didn't need to either. Just a reboot.

Thanks again :)

Just a quick P.S to my earlier post ...

Thank you very much to @cabal2000 for compiling the iMac.kext/plist and saving me the trouble of building my own. I was at the point of giving up on this quest to get DRM video running in iTunes (not an issue it seems to me whether it is SD or HD. My purchased SD videos still have DRM and wouldn't play.)

It's worth mentioning I don't have the Nvidia model mentioned, I have a GTX 750i.

DRM iTunes video playback IS WORKING NOW! First time in a long while (probably since a hardware upgrade in the dim and distant) :clap:

I placed shiki.kext (the one I still don't fully understand! :silent:) and the iMac.kext both in CLOVER/kexts/10.11/

I had already run the Terminal scripts once previously and was not happy to repeat. As it happened I didn't need to either. Just a reboot.

Thanks again :)

Your welcome but I didn't compile the iMac file. I just grabbed it from a post in this forum. It worked so I zipped them both together to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back