Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MK500,
Sorry to hear about all that. If you suspect that PCI-E drive has been the culprit of your data corruption issue, I'd personally just use it as a scratch disc or move your:

DesktopDocuments
Downloads
Movies
Music
Pictures
Public

folders, from your Home folder, to it with symbolic links and set up a fast SATA SSD for your OS. That way the OS shouldn't be reading or writing to it when it cuts power before full shut down.

That sounds like the sensible approach. Is there a particular reason you wouldn't trust the driver to solve the issue? I'd kind of like to continue using the E2 as my primary drive as it was pretty expensive.

I picked up one of those 2-port (plus two internal) USB3 cards. I'm excited to give it a test run once I've completed the rebuild. I did do a quick test, and it worked easily without a driver.

I'm having some trouble restoring my Time Machine backup; but can get to all important files...so not too much of a disaster.

I tested the audio patch script and it worked first try. Nice! My new system build will now have USB3 and audio.

@MK500,
I must have grazed too quickly over your post. If there is a driver to control power function properly then I would just test the hell out of it before trusting it.

All this time I never learned how to use commands on the Clover GUI. How would I use nv_disable=1?
Boot holding the spacebar to reach clover GUI. Use right arrow to scroll right till options is highlighted. Hit enter. Scroll down till the string of Arguments his highlighted. Hit enter. Type nv_disable=1 so that it is added on to the sting of arguments. Hit enter to apply it. Scroll down to return and hit enter again to return to the main page. Select your boot drive and hit enter to boot it with your modified arguments string. You don't have to change it back as this modification only sticks for that boot operation.

Also, you are saying to delete SSDT-8 and then to add? Did you mean to add SSDT-9?
yes I'm saying to delete those files if they exist and replace them with the newly updated ones from the new .zip I uploaded to the OP

@MK500,
I must have grazed too quickly over your post. If there is a driver to control power function properly then I would just test the hell out of it before trusting it.

LOL, you know it buddy :)

<- Currently testing the hell out of it.

First of all, thanks a LOT for helping me out with the Firewire code. Now I got rid of the "FireWire runtime power conservation disabled" message, and the device shows up in Sys Profiler as it should. Great! Seems I overlooked to add the "FWBR" (=Firewire Bridge?) device in between, so that with my first attempt the card was not adressed correctly.

My wired USB Keyboard and mouse both wake the system. You may want to check out the new ACPI files in the zip. I moved the USB2 fix to a separate SSDT as it isn't needed in OSs older than 10.11. OS 10.9-10.10 exhibit USB sleep wake bugs with this USB fix for 10.11.

Ah that explains my problems I had with your newer files (am still on 10.10). So I reverted to the older files and they work great, but also seem to work with my 10.11 test installation. But if I get this right, you actually recommend using your newer files with 10.11? Are there any problems with your old files?

But, if I do not want to wake my system with keyboard or mouse, do you have any idea how to do it without adding a clock-id? Think there must be some way, because with your older files I get this exact behavior, without having a clock-id anywhere.

Not sure what you mean by "Also note that I included a fix to correctly display the Apple logo on boot in the GPU section".

Yeah I mean the Logo not showing while the second boot stage, and the progress indicator stuck on the lower left corner. See also http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308449-how-to-fix-second-stage-boot-logo-and-loading-bar-for-some-dedicated-desktop-video-cards/

I fixed this not by the way in the linked guide, but by adding this piece of code to the GPU section of the SSDT (in the _DSM method):

Code:
"@2,AAPL,boot-display", 
Buffer (One)
{
      0x00
},

Seems way easier than the procedure in the guide, so this is a nice addition for me to get a more native experience and to get rid of this glitch. But you must make sure the connector is the one of your monitor, so "@2" does not fit for everyone. Just FYI.

I like to keep everything separate for modularity but you seem to have the right idea if you want to combine all your PCI devices in 1 SSDT.

Yeah I just decided to do it this way, but your approach also has advantages. Might be better in this case, as it is easier for people to follow your guide then.

PS: since you seem to be quite knowledgeable, maybe you know how to get rid of just another glitch: I have a MAT****A BD-MLT UJ265 Bluray burner (slot loading) which has some problems accepting media. The only way that works most of the time is to open System Profiler beforehand, and select the "disk burning" tab. Then the disc is "magically" accepted. Not a huge problem, but you might know this as well ;)

Again, thanks for your help & support, this is one of the best guides I ever saw!

How did you get you sound to work? I followed instructions in your guide. I see the input devices but I get no sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4930k in
Rampage iv extreme
GTX 970

Update: Got it working

How did you get you sound to work? I followed instructions in your guide. I see the input devices but I get no sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4930k in
Rampage iv extreme
GTX 970

Update: Got it working

Glad to hear you got this fixed. I had a similar issue however I did get it fixed myself however I can't seem to find the forum post I used to get it fixed. Could you share just in case others have the same issue?

Changing the guide again. Sorry!

Hi shilohh!

I appreciate all of the help you offer to the community. hopefully someday i can return the favor.

i am having issues with my X99A MSI mobo and can't get my ethernet card to show up (or get my TPlink4800 to show up as built in). i don't really care about imessage right now, the main thing is getting the mac app store to work.

i installed the kext for my ethernet card and i sent rehabman my ioreg and config.plist and he said my "RP03.IOPP.D082 device is already marked built-in. All you need to do is assign it to en0 in SysPrefs->Network." - but i have no idea how to do that. nor do i know what or where to find this RP03.IOPP.D082 device.

have you run into this before with your build?

thanks so much shilohh

EDIT: when i open up my about mac(system report) and click on ethernet - it says there is no PCIE card installed. how do i assign the ethernet card to en0 when el cap won't even recognize it?

@shakakoa,
This is off topic for this thread and I'm not familiar with X99 but I do recall some users having a similar problem when OS X finds wifi but no Ethernet, it assigns en0 to wifi then when Ethernet becomes available it gets en1. If your Ethernet works, Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. This resets the network order and gives OS x another chance to get it right once all hardware is working. Please create a new post for this issue in the appropriate forum and pm me a link to it. Please post your ioreg, virgin acpi files, modified acpi files and config.plist there as well. That way other knowledgable x99 users may find your post and help as well.

@shakakoa,
This is off topic for this thread and I'm not familiar with X99 but I do recall some users having a similar problem when OS X finds wifi but no Ethernet, it assigns en0 to wifi then when Ethernet becomes available it gets en1. If your Ethernet works, Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot. This resets the network order and gives OS x another chance to get it right once all hardware is working. Please create a new post for this issue in the appropriate forum and pm me a link to it. Please post your ioreg, virgin acpi files, modified acpi files and config.plist there as well. That way other knowledgable x99 users may find your post and help as well.

ok, will do. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back