Contribute
Register

i3 8100 no luck any macOS

Hmmm...

Reading through the config.plist in your EFI, I wonder if you have misunderstood a fair bit when editing the Sample.plist - or it could be me.

A few things I've never seen before ...

1) No SecureBootModel setting in the Misc/Security section.
2) All the kext entries in the Kernel section are defined backwards with the Info.plist first , then the executable and finally the bundle etc. Never seen it that way before, but maybe it works (Shrug emoji)
3) Not much in the Platform info section (SMBIOS etc).

Hey, I'm not mocking, but I have taken time to read through your files and offer the above observations, as I know my fellow mods do too around here..

:)
Alright, thank you very much. I really appreciate your help guys. I've decided to use your advice and created completely new EFI with the Guide from the very beginning. Unfortunately, I'm still at the same point. Here's my last log and the new EFI

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • opencore-2024-02-21-064304.txt
    256 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Alright, thank you very much. I really appreciate your help guys. I've decided to use your advice and created completely new EFI with the Guide from the very beginning. Unfortunately, I'm still at the same point. Here's my last log and the new EFI
when you make any changes to your EFI or BIOS, make sure to reset nvram

add ResetNvramEntry.efi to your Drivers folder and declare it in your config.plist

when you make any changes to your EFI or BIOS, make sure to reset nvram

add ResetNvramEntry.efi to your Drivers folder and declare it in your config.plist
Still no luck(

I'm beginning to feel like there's no way to get this **** work

So I've tried every fix in Kernel Issues, no reaction. Same errors. Please help guys

Attachments

• opencore-2024-02-21-162444.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
So I've tried every fix in Kernel Issues, no reaction. Same errors. Please help guys

Your hardware - if it is still as listed in your profile - is totally fine for Big Sur and there is nothing unusual. So it will work.

This means any problems are possibly in the BIOS or simply mistakes being made.

We can continue to help, so ... Let me take a look through your EFI from the above post.

Your hardware - if it is still as listed in your profile - is totally fine for Big Sur and there is nothing unusual. So it will work.

This means any problems are possibly in the BIOS or simply mistakes being made.

We can continue to help, so ... Let me take a look through your EFI from the above post.

Double checked BIOS settings - all correct. The only one is missing - CFG, but I used AppleXcpmCfgLock

Okay, if the BIOS is fine (no enabled serial-ports etc), then -

The things I would try are:

1) Add a device-id 9B3E0000 line to the Device Properties section, under the AAPL,ig-platform-id line.

2) Change Misc/Security/SecureBootModel to "Disabled"

Then, worth testing if all else fails:

3) Change system definition to Macmini8,1 - this has the same iGPU and CPU as your PC. (The iMac19,1 sys-defs all had a Radeon GPU).

Okay, if the BIOS is fine (no enabled serial-ports etc), then -

The things I would try are:

1) Add a device-id 9B3E0000 line to the Device Properties section, under the AAPL,ig-platform-id line.

2) Change Misc/Security/SecureBootModel to "Disabled"

Then, worth testing if all else fails:

3) Change system definition to Macmini8,1 - this has the same iGPU and CPU as your PC. (The iMac19,1 sys-defs all had a Radeon GPU).

No difference. Took some pictures of BIOS settings, plus EFI and log

Attachments

• photo1708506999 (3).jpeg
    photo1708506999 (3).jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 10
  • photo1708506999 (2).jpeg
    photo1708506999 (2).jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 10
  • photo1708506999 (1).jpeg
    photo1708506999 (1).jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 11
  • photo1708506999.jpeg
    photo1708506999.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 10
  • EFI.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • opencore-2024-02-21-180211.txt
    256 KB · Views: 7
No difference. Took some pictures of BIOS settings, plus EFI and log

When you say "No difference" I have to assume the Bootstrap loader goes no further than [EB|LOG:ExitBS:START]? A verbose screen would confirm this.

Because you are uploading archives in "rar" format I guess that means you are using Windows to create your installer?

Two questions in that case:

1) How did you get macOS - direct download or from another Mac or another site?

2) Did you follow @Feartech 's Guide which uses Windows to create the installer?

Back