Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Ok, but Wifi replacement in laptop is so complicated :) Perhaps I can buy USB external WIFI with realtek chipset... Biometric fingerprint Is it OK in OSX?

Complicated? You're joking, right?

Fingerprint reader does not work in OS X.

Yes it is, HD 4000, so clearly.

I start to install OSX in my HP Probook, I´m test flags combinations to my 7-series Intel chip:

- IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004 --> Apple ROM freeze (Remember I have HP display 1080p)
- IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 --> Apple ROM has artifacts and don´t see anything
- 'IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0 -v -x -f --> This is truth combination flags. The installation start but in slow resolution. I suppose when I install all, I have a great resolution and fully functions, yo know?

Thx

What is the native resolution of your laptop display?

Complicated? You're joking, right?

WIFI card is not soldered on the motherboard? Or Is it PCI-e?

I don´t see it...

2014-05-22 23.08.42.jpg

If Wifi broadcom doesn´t work in OSX... Bluetooth module either? (BT module parts of Wifi card)

Fingerprint reader does not work in OS X.

I suppose because Apple´s hardware hasn´t fingerprinting sensor...

What is the native resolution of your laptop display?

1366 x 768 in laptop display and 1080p when I use external HP display by DVI

WIFI card is not soldered on the motherboard? Or Is it PCI-e?

I don´t see it...

View attachment 93648

Half-mini PCIe. Upper right of your photo. Refer to service manual if you're unfamiliar.

If Wifi broadcom doesn´t work in OSX... Bluetooth module either? (BT module parts of Wifi card)

There are broadcom cards that work in OSX. Just not the one you have.

1366 x 768 in laptop display and 1080p when I use external HP display by DVI

Use:
IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0

External display is not relevant. dart=0 is just in case you forgot to disable VT-d. IGPEnabler=Y is default in USB created by Unibeast.

Half-mini PCIe. Upper right of your photo. Refer to service manual if you're unfamiliar.

Yeah!! I have a small vision problem and had not seen. It´s true, upper right of my photo is the wifi m-pci-e. It´s easy... two bolts and two cables and them extract it...

What model 100% compatible recommend me? With Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi n or highest (I have router Wifi ac)

Use:
IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0

It´s ok, start OSX installation

External display is not relevant. dart=0 is just in case you forgot to disable VT-d. IGPEnabler=Y is default in USB created by Unibeast.

Ok, in my BIOS version, can disable VT-x but not VT-d the flag dart=0 It´s a good command.

I think that with this, the full installation It´s ok. Only problem with fingerprint (not-solution), Wifi (replacement)... Everything else (hardware) I hope It´s correctly function. (I don´t see the chip HDAudio)...

I want to thanks you for your help to me!! I hope that my English be more or less correct to understand my :)

In short time, I could sell my iMac without warranty and start my two hackintosh laptop and desktop PC!!

Help. I have both a 4530 and a 4430 and followed your instructions to update both from 10.9.2 to 3. The 4530 must have better USB hardware as I was able to -f, logon, run HP Probook installer. However the 4430 freezes no matter which USB port with and without an external mouse after the -f at the logon screen. So this is an i7-2630QM with 8gb RAM and 68SRR ver. F.41 bios. I tried turning off virtualization but don't know what else to turn on or off to free up Interups if that is what is happening (or will that help). Seems to be USB associated as that is what I am using when it freezes. Thanks in advance for any insights you have.

Help. I have both a 4530 and a 4430 and followed your instructions to update both from 10.9.2 to 3. The 4530 must have better USB hardware as I was able to -f, logon, run HP Probook installer. However the 4430 freezes no matter which USB port with and without an external mouse after the -f at the logon screen. So this is an i7-2630QM with 8gb RAM and 68SRR ver. F.41 bios. I tried turning off virtualization but don't know what else to turn on or off to free up Interups if that is what is happening (or will that help). Seems to be USB associated as that is what I am using when it freezes. Thanks in advance for any insights you have.

What do you mean "freezes"?

Boot "-f -v" to get verbose output during boot...

See picture of screen attached to this post

Attachments

• DSC01721.jpg
    DSC01721.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 220
See picture of screen attached to this post

Looks like you have installed patched/modified/hacked USB drivers somewhere along the way. 999.9.9 is not a valid version number for the USB components in 10.9.3.

You could try installing 10.9.3 (re-create Unibeast USB after downloading 10.9.3 from the Mac App Store) over top of your existing install (eg. like the guide, but don't erase/re-partition).

I installed an in-place 10.9.3 Mavericks/Unibeast and received the same -v error as in the picture I sent previously. I set this machine up from scratch and migrated system settings over from the 4530--is that where the erroneous USB driver came from?

Back