Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

thank all for support, it works very well. But i have two bug, boot0 error and wifi not working. I read guide for fix boot0 but when i boot osx installer keyboard not working and in terminal i cant type @@.
//Sr for my bad english

thank all for support, it works very well. But i have two bug, boot0 error and wifi not working. I read guide for fix boot0 but when i boot osx installer keyboard not working and in terminal i cant type @@.
//Sr for my bad english

Make sure your USB was created with "Laptop Support". Otherwise, use USB keyboard.

For WiFi, you need compatible hardware.

RehabMan, I was trying to get the installer to load on my HP ProBook 4730s the other day and you answered a couple questions. I got frustrated and gave up the other day. However, I am ready to give it another go.

I recreated my flash drive so that I could make sure that I followed the guide correctly. I am on step 7a and trying to get the installer to boot. I tried to use the boot flags that you suggested (If you run into trouble booting your 7-series/Ivy laptop, try typing the boot flags 'IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0 -v -x -f' before hitting enter.) and I still got nothing.

Do you have anymore suggestions on what boot flags might help me go to the installer screen?

Thanks!

RehabMan, I was trying to get the installer to load on my HP ProBook 4730s the other day and you answered a couple questions. I got frustrated and gave up the other day. However, I am ready to give it another go.

I recreated my flash drive so that I could make sure that I followed the guide correctly. I am on step 7a and trying to get the installer to boot. I tried to use the boot flags that you suggested (If you run into trouble booting your 7-series/Ivy laptop, try typing the boot flags 'IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0 -v -x -f' before hitting enter.) and I still got nothing.

Do you have anymore suggestions on what boot flags might help me go to the installer screen?

Thanks!

You do not have a 7-series laptop. 4730s is SandyBridge/HD3000 on 6-series.

Since you have 1600x900 screen, you will need to place Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml in /Extra/ssdt.aml on the USB as described in the guide.

You may also need to boot with:
IGPlatformID=00010000

and/or if you're leaving VT-d enabled in BIOS:
IGPlatformID=00010000 dart=0

Make sure that if you have Radeon, that it is disabled in BIOS for the duration of the install.

Make sure your USB was created with "Laptop Support". Otherwise, use USB keyboard.

For WiFi, you need compatible hardware.
ar9485.jpg
Tks.

You do not have a 7-series laptop. 4730s is SandyBridge/HD3000 on 6-series.

Since you have 1600x900 screen, you will need to place Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml in /Extra/ssdt.aml on the USB as described in the guide.

You may also need to boot with:
IGPlatformID=00010000

and/or if you're leaving VT-d enabled in BIOS:
IGPlatformID=00010000 dart=0

Make sure that if you have Radeon, that it is disabled in BIOS for the duration of the install.

Thanks so much!!!! It finally loaded with the IGPlatformID=00010000 flag! Now we are waiting for the OS to install and then hopefully we won't have too much trouble with the last part of the guide!

Not correct. Read the section on DSDT patching carefully.

Hint #1: You didn't select a screen type or fan behavior.
Hint #2: Your BIOS does not have a whitelist.
thanks for your help!
Hint #3: when you see message about please connect keyboard after reboot - you can connect WIRELESS mouse and it works:headbang:
Hint #4: i use my native language for create pen drive - all works normal:geek:
Hint #5: I INSTALL IN MBR:shifty: NEAR MY WINDOWS 7

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR HELPING!!!

thanks for your help!
Hint #3: when you see message about please connect keyboard after reboot - you can connect WIRELESS mouse and it works:headbang:

Or you can press the spacebar.

Hint #5: I INSTALL IN MBR:shifty: NEAR MY WINDOWS 7

Not recommended. Not supported.

Or you can press the spacebar.

Not recommended. Not supported.
i try all keys, because i was take laptop at home and dont have usb keyboard. Spacebar not working:problem: may be its help someone, write it in your instruction

laptop hp4540s not supported)) but all works, thanks a lot for your instruction!:angel:

Back