Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

i try all keys, because i was take laptop at home and dont have usb keyboard. Spacebar not working:problem: may be its help someone, write it in your instruction

See step 12a, post #1.

RehabMan, sorry to bother your again: i found one problem after upgrading to 10.9.3 - two of my USB ports stopped working...i already patched the DSDT again (manually), and it did not solve the problem...any suggestions??

RehabMan, sorry to bother your again: i found one problem after upgrading to 10.9.3 - two of my USB ports stopped working...i already patched the DSDT again (manually), and it did not solve the problem...any suggestions??

You probably used the wrong patches. Use the ProBook Installer to patch your DSDT. Make sure GenericUSBXHCI.kext is NOT installed.

That worked...thanks

About the first problem i had this problem for 2 months , i made 20 posts about this and found the solution by accident . I put ethernet on windows and connect to internet with it . Then boot back in mavericks and do the same , connect with ethernet on internet . After that it's ok and i can boot both operating systems and don't have to use ethernet, connect wirelessly . You just use it once to get configured .It seems there is problem because ethernet was not used before in mavericks or windows or in both .

Tell me if this fixes your problem
Just want to let you know that your workaround fix my problem. Marvellous !
I didn't think that someone had the same problem, then you showed up and even with a working solution. Thank you.

Hi.

I have a HP Probook 6470b... This laptop has i5 Ivy and Intel HD 3000 (I think)... hasn´t any other graphic card... Is this guide compatible with my laptop? I think understand that only run with nVidia or AMD GPU´s but not Intel graphics support... Is this correct?

PD: I have HP display FullHD with dockstation plug from DVI to my laptop HP...

2014-05-22 15.31.33.jpg

Hi.

I have a HP Probook 6470b... This laptop has i5 Ivy and Intel HD 3000 (I think)... hasn´t any other graphic card... Is this guide compatible with my laptop? I think understand that only run with nVidia or AMD GPU´s but not Intel graphics support... Is this correct?

PD: I have HP display FullHD with dockstation plug from DVI to my laptop HP...

View attachment 93571

You must determine your hardware exactly. You can't guess. Find out what the actual CPU and graphics configuration is before proceeding.

You must determine your hardware exactly. You can't guess. Find out what the actual CPU and graphics configuration is before proceeding.

Yep, I use CPU-Z, device management and Everest from Windows to find exactly hardware:

Hewlett-Packard HP ProBook 6470b

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz Cache L3 3 MB
- Mother Hewlett-Packard 179C KBC versión 42.36 BIOS 68ICE Ver. F.45 Chipset HM76
- Single module 4Gb DDR3 Micron Tecnology
- Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
- Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
- Samsung SSD 840 Series (111 GB)
- hp DVDRAM GT50N Optical Disk
- High Definition Audio [8086-1E20] [NoDB]
- Ethernet WiFi Broadcom BCM943228HM4L 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2
- Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
- Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
- Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
- Biometric Validity Sensor (VFS491)
- JMicron OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
- HP HD Webcam
- Card Reader JMicron PCIe SD Host Controller

is it full compatible with OSX?

Yep, I use CPU-Z, device management and Everest from Windows to find exactly hardware:

Hewlett-Packard HP ProBook 6470b

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz Cache L3 3 MB
- Mother Hewlett-Packard 179C KBC versión 42.36 BIOS 68ICE Ver. F.45 Chipset HM76
- Single module 4Gb DDR3 Micron Tecnology
- Graphics Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
- Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
- Samsung SSD 840 Series (111 GB)
- hp DVDRAM GT50N Optical Disk
- High Definition Audio [8086-1E20] [NoDB]
- Ethernet WiFi Broadcom BCM943228HM4L 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2
- Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
- Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
- Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
- Biometric Validity Sensor (VFS491)
- JMicron OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
- HP HD Webcam
- Card Reader JMicron PCIe SD Host Controller

is it full compatible with OSX?

WiFi will need to be replaced, but otherwise, yes it is compatible... your basic HD4000/Ivy/HM7x ProBook. Fully supported by the Probook Installer.

Now you know where you wrote "Intel HD 3000 (I think)" in post #1119 that you were incorrect as you clearly have HD4000.

WiFi will need to be replaced, but otherwise, yes it is compatible... your basic HD4000/Ivy/HM7x ProBook. Fully supported by the Probook Installer.

Ok, but Wifi replacement in laptop is so complicated :) Perhaps I can buy USB external WIFI with realtek chipset... Biometric fingerprint Is it OK in OSX?

Now you know where you wrote "Intel HD 3000 (I think)" in post #1119 that you were incorrect as you clearly have HD4000.

Yes it is, HD 4000, so clearly.

I start to install OSX in my HP Probook, I´m test flags combinations to my 7-series Intel chip:

- IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004 --> Apple ROM freeze (Remember I have HP display 1080p)
- IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 --> Apple ROM has artifacts and don´t see anything
- 'IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0 -v -x -f --> This is truth combination flags. The installation start but in slow resolution. I suppose when I install all, I have a great resolution and fully functions, yo know?

Thx

Back