Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro XE700T1C

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is the pen for you? The brightness seemed fine but not adjustable and i would be willing to get a new wifi card. however i gave up because after i had it installed the pen wasnt accurate so i installed what i thought was the touch base driver and it made it even more wonky, like appearing on the opposite side if at all and constantly registering non clicks. Do you have the pen working up to par? Accurate, and with pressure?

omg you guys are my heros. that means everyone who contributed to this thread. Coming home from work and seeing this latest post was like christmas! I now know what i will be working on this weekend. Im so happy you found this solution with pressure and everything! Im so sick of windows so hopefully i can make this my daily driver on here soon. Can you try out photoshop cs 5 or 6 and see how it runs? Huge thanks again, will be sure to hack away at it later today.

To get the WiFi work you should try the "RealTek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL51xx v0.0.90" from Multibeast. i think it should work.

I tried the "RealTek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL51xx v0.0.90" from Multibeast installation, but gave an error right at the end. The .kext is in my /S/L/E, so maybe it did install properly?

After reboot I no wifi showing up. Tried to add from system preference/network but there's nothing there.

has anybody else given this a try?

Very impressing! Thank you all guys!!!

Just before I fall in bricking my ATIV :thumbdown: please tell me are there any positive news regarding 3G modem (aka Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter)?

Thanx!

Hey fmanza,
Thanks for the encouraging words and thanks to everyone else who is working on this. I will compose a quick blog tonight with step by step for those who want to do this install but first i have to vent a bit. I have been working on this tirelessly for the past couple weeks. Literally ten hours a day on some of my days off aside from my adult responsibilities and other projects . For the most part its very usable but the main two things that I cant get are the digitizer without putting it to sleep (which isnt a huge deal) and the brightness slider. The brightness I would really like to be adjustable as it is too damn bright and wastes batteries. The thing thats really bothering me is the unwillingness of others to help each other out in the osx86 community not just on this forum but in general. So that really blows that everyone is so selfish, ive noticed most people who ask for help end up fixing it themselves and I assume thats what I will have to do as well, which i dont mind, but damn some clues would be nice. That being said heres a quick rundown

Install osx 10.8.3
Copy over the extra folder to the root, (I also found it good to install the kexts into the extensions folder using kext wizard)
Install chameleon (Im using Chameleon-2.2svn-r2233, need to try other versions, might even fix some issues but this works for now)
Rip the iousbfamily and iousbmass storage from unibeast and install those to extensions, for the digitizer.
rip the appleacpips2nub and appleps2controller kexts from unibeast for the volume rocker.

Let me know if you make any other progress. Do you have brightness working,etc...?

Thanks Plz let me know when you have published the detailed blog on this topic. I have a Samsung 700T and want to run MacOSX 10.8.3 with Windows 8 (dual boot) on it.

Thanks for the great work.

Hey fmanza,
Thanks for the encouraging words and thanks to everyone else who is working on this. I will compose a quick blog tonight with step by step for those who want to do this install but first i have to vent a bit. I have been working on this tirelessly for the past couple weeks. Literally ten hours a day on some of my days off aside from my adult responsibilities and other projects . For the most part its very usable but the main two things that I cant get are the digitizer without putting it to sleep (which isnt a huge deal) and the brightness slider. The brightness I would really like to be adjustable as it is too damn bright and wastes batteries. The thing thats really bothering me is the unwillingness of others to help each other out in the osx86 community not just on this forum but in general. So that really blows that everyone is so selfish, ive noticed most people who ask for help end up fixing it themselves and I assume thats what I will have to do as well, which i dont mind, but damn some clues would be nice. That being said heres a quick rundown

Install osx 10.8.3
Copy over the extra folder to the root, (I also found it good to install the kexts into the extensions folder using kext wizard)
Install chameleon (Im using Chameleon-2.2svn-r2233, need to try other versions, might even fix some issues but this works for now)
Rip the iousbfamily and iousbmass storage from unibeast and install those to extensions, for the digitizer.
rip the appleacpips2nub and appleps2controller kexts from unibeast for the volume rocker.

Let me know if you make any other progress. Do you have brightness working,etc...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back