Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T440s Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two issues I could use help on
- the integrated camera does not work OOTB in EL captain and OS does not recognize it.

Do you see a camera on the USB bus? (check ioreg and/or System Information).

- It also recognizes 4gb ram when system actually has 8gb.

config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true.

Thanks Rehabman, 8gb fix worked perfectly. It says "8gb ??" I don't believe the "??" mean anything?

As for the integrated camera, I checked System Information and IOReg dump (attached). I don't see it anywhere.

One thing I did was install El Captain without correct system definitions in config.plist - i believe it had system definitions as macbook 8,1 and later fixed it to macbook air 6,1. system was not connected to the internet until definitions were fixed. I don't think this makes any difference, but I don't know what else to do at this time - am thinking I will reinstall and see.

Thanks for all the help man. This has been super fun project.

Attachments

• Dryice - T440s IOReg - Hacks.ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 9.29.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 9.29.35 PM.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 9.29.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 9.29.40 PM.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 261
Anyone want to post their DSDT and Kexts for 440s? Would be most grateful

Also, is the rebranding/iwleeprom still the only option for wifi on this machine besides the whitelist bios?

Its almost pointless using an equivalent systems DSDTs. Almost never works, fixing it is harder than just getting it from your own system.

What would work best is create a OSX USB bootable installation on a GUID partition flash drive with clover. At the clover screen, press "F4" or "Fn+F4" and it will dump DSDTs SSDTs and various other *.aml files into the EFI partition located under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/ACPI/oem/ folder of the flash drive.

One you have the Use another mac and disassemble only the DSDTs and SSDT*.aml files. Note this EFI partition is not automounted and will not be visible unless you manually mount the EFI partition.

Copy only the DSDT.aml and all SSDT*.aml into a folder into your working mac. Then use iasl to disassemble all files using the command
iasl -da -dl *.aml

This will create several *.dsl files. Use MaciAsl to apply the fixes. Make sure you set ACPI5.0 and add the rehabmans repo into MaciASL to accomplish your DSDT patches. This is your best bet for a working solution.

Just follow this posts guide from the first page and you wil lget everything to work. Thanks to Rehabman and Ludacrisvp as my working solution is completely based on their work and advice. Everytime I am stuck with a hackintosh issue, just google it and you will almost always bump into a working solution from Rehabman - this guy is just amazing.

Hope this works for you. All the best.

I have a 99% working hackintosh, thanks to a plethora of guides and fixes from Rehabman spread around the internet. I have sleep sleep / wake working fine except for one issue that - my USB drives disappear and get reassigned to a new disk number on wake. However, other USB adapters work fine. Only issue wis with external drives. here is an example

- before sleep my osx applications are located in external usb drive /dev/disk1s1/. "diskutil list" shows /dev/disk0 (internal drive) and /dev/disk1 (external applications drive) with all their partitions. I initiate sleep.

- At wakeup my applications usb drive /dev/disk1 is missing. "diskutil list" still shows /dev/disk0 (internal drive), however there is no /dev/disk1. Instead, my external drive has now shows up as /dev/disk2 (the application partition is now /dev/disk2s1). If I add another external drive, it shows up as /dev/disk3. /dev/disk1 is gone and never shows up unless I reboot.

FYI - I am using GenericUSBXHCI with "-gux_defer_usb2" flag and AppleACPIManager with patched EC kext to ensure it sticks to "EC" and not "boot-ec" to make sleep / wake functional.

Please let me know if you have any ideas?

Thanks again.

I have a 99% working hackintosh, thanks to a plethora of guides and fixes from Rehabman spread around the internet. I have sleep sleep / wake working fine except for one issue that - my USB drives disappear and get reassigned to a new disk number on wake. However, other USB adapters work fine. Only issue wis with external drives. here is an example

- before sleep my osx applications are located in external usb drive /dev/disk1s1/. "diskutil list" shows /dev/disk0 (internal drive) and /dev/disk1 (external applications drive) with all their partitions. I initiate sleep.

- At wakeup my applications usb drive /dev/disk1 is missing. "diskutil list" still shows /dev/disk0 (internal drive), however there is no /dev/disk1. Instead, my external drive has now shows up as /dev/disk2 (the application partition is now /dev/disk2s1). If I add another external drive, it shows up as /dev/disk3. /dev/disk1 is gone and never shows up unless I reboot.

FYI - I am using GenericUSBXHCI with "-gux_defer_usb2" flag and AppleACPIManager with patched EC kext to ensure it sticks to "EC" and not "boot-ec" to make sleep / wake functional.

Please let me know if you have any ideas?

Thanks again.

What you describe is normal. /dev/diskX assignments are not static.

This will create several *.dsl files. Use MaciAsl to apply the fixes. Make sure you set ACPI5.0 and add the rehabmans repo into MaciASL to accomplish your DSDT patches. This is your best bet for a working solution.

On my T440p the battery status says 0%. I applied the Mutex non-zero synclevel patch but no change. Anyone an idea why it is not working?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back