Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T440s Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached. I tried to make 3 copies, one before, during, and after. However with OSX autosave I'm not sure if they didn't get updated in between.

Power management is not implemented correctly. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

Check the configuration of ALC292 profile in CodecCommander. I suspect you'll need to use SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83 (to headphone node), similar to other codecs. You can test with hda-verb. You will need to look at your codec dump to determine the correct node.

Power management is not implemented correctly. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

Check the configuration of ALC292 profile in CodecCommander. I suspect you'll need to use SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83 (to headphone node), similar to other codecs. You can test with hda-verb. You will need to look at your codec dump to determine the correct node.
What isn't correct about power management?
Speed stepping works fine and so does sleep. The Intel power gadget shows clock rates moving along with power usage.
(I am running a custom bios enabling MSR 0xE2 so not using modified kernel).

To test with hda-verb is it just running a command like this?
# hda-verb SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83
Is 0x83 the node or?

What isn't correct about power management?

Your ioreg shows X86PlatformPlugin is not loaded.

To test with hda-verb is it just running a command like this?
# hda-verb SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83
Is 0x83 the node or?

hda-verb HEADPHONE_NODE set_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83

Refer to your codec dump to determine the headphone node.

Hi James,

I've have a T440p and most if not everything in the T440s guides works for me. I also ran the voodoohda plugin for sound, I should give the codeccommander from rehabman a try since I've updated the OS. Machine runs wonderfully so far, very stable, been using it for a month.:clap:

Check my profile, I asked some questions about patching DSDT's. Don't know if you've had some experience with this but once you read in on the subject it's pretty straightforward.

Question for Rehabman:

Should the minidisplay port work out of the box with your patches applied? I haven't tested the displayport until now and I get a lockup when pluggin a monitor in ( I'm on 10.10.4 ).

Question for Rehabman:

Should the minidisplay port work out of the box with your patches applied? I haven't tested the displayport until now and I get a lockup when pluggin a monitor in ( I'm on 10.10.4 ).

Ddi you implement DP-audio? Fixing HDMI/DP-audio tends to fix hotplug.

HDMI-audio on Haswell has several requirements:
- the device at address 0x00030000, usually called B0D3, must be renamed to HDAU
- the resulting HDAU device must be recognized by AppleHDAController (config.plist patches required if not natively recognized... or you can use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext)
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU and HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)

If you have a true DP port, no need to patch the framebuffer, unless you also need to change the 09 to 12 (see the (12) variant patches in my config.plist files), but keep the connector type at DP (00 04 00 00).

Thanks a lot for your help I will look into it in my spare time.

Any updates on the WiFi? I bought the T440s on specs but did not get the WiFi working so forced to use Ubuntu :)
I'm hoping for a solution to use it as a 'MacBook' :)

kasper

Any updates on the WiFi? I bought the T440s on specs but did not get the WiFi working so forced to use Ubuntu :)
I'm hoping for a solution to use it as a 'MacBook' :)

kasper
Use USB wifi adapter or modify the bios using an external programmer like I did and modify a M.2 NGFF card to fit in the Lenovo slot or find the dell dw1560 card which will fit without hardware modification but it will still need a modded bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back