Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AsusAICPUPM has no application with this hardware (XCPM in the kernel is used, not AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement).
KernelPm (not KernelPM) is already default in the provided plists.

Well it boots with them and doesn't without them, no idea. Also only boots if i have Legacy set to PBR in configurator for some reason.

Well it boots with them and doesn't without them, no idea. Also only boots if i have Legacy set to PBR in configurator for some reason.

Legacy option for Windows boot has no effect on OS X...
If your system is properly installed, AsusAICPUPM has no effect with CPUs Haswell or later.

You're doing something strange.

Just FYI.

I have tried Iogear Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter (GBU521) & Cirago Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (BTA8000) and both work well with the EL Capitan/Skull Canyon installation provided by this guide. Full keyboard & Trackpad 2 functionality. I did have to disable the Bluetooth in bios before the Bluetooth dongle got enabled by the OS.

After much trial and error I have a config that boots every time without fail. Still have the graphics glitch at startup but I can live with it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Followed the instructions best I could, but when I restarted my computer, I no longer have any options for booting. Instead I now have an option for "Start UEFI Shell 64". I've already done a lot of work and El Capitan has been booting just fine. Can my computer stilll be saved?

Followed the instructions best I could, but when I restarted my computer, I no longer have any options for booting. Instead I now have an option for "Start UEFI Shell 64". I've already done a lot of work and El Capitan has been booting just fine. Can my computer stilll be saved?

I had the same issue, try my config attached above. You'll want to remove the hidden entry and make sure you have the patches installed.

Edit: for drivers I just have fsinject, hfs plus, aptiofix2, and osxfatbinary. Don't have the audio patches in my plist cause I use a Line 6 Interface. Also disabled bluetooth, wifi, thunderbolt & legacy in bios.

Last edited:

It sounds like you forgot HFSPlus.efi. Always read carefully.

NVMe works now. Read post #1.
I was thinking I might upgrade to 10.12 but I want to get the driver for my Pegasus J4 working first on the hackintosh (works great on my iMac compared to the last year of trouble with the old driver). What is the best method for getting third party drivers detected at boot (necessary for Thunderbolt)
I installed to / the pkg and copied the kext to Clover on EFI partition. Am I missing something?

I was thinking I might upgrade to 10.12 but I want to get the driver for my Pegasus J4 working first on the hackintosh (works great on my iMac compared to the last year of trouble with the old driver). What is the best method for getting third party drivers detected at boot (necessary for Thunderbolt)
I installed to / the pkg and copied the kext to Clover on EFI partition. Am I missing something?

No idea what "Pegasus J4" is. You should follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.

Keep in mind: The kexts in Clover/kexts are not injected when booting the main partition.

I've noticed when I disabled Bluetooth in Bios, my cpu reports as being 3.98ghz in system overview, but if I enable it it reports correctly as 2.59ghz. Kinda odd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back