Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I would like to mention, probably related to power management/acpi, is when I play a Video full screen (usually youtube, but I have seen it with quicktime & vlc also), occasionally the screen will lock within a few seconds and I will be prompted to enter password. I can prevent this by slowly moving the mouse. I have experimented with sleep and power settings but to no avail.

Safari? Which version? Did you delete FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext or keep it?

Safari? Which version? Did you delete FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext or keep it?

Safari version 10.0 (11602.1.50.0.10)

I didn't explicitly delete FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, but it is not in the
/Library/Extensions folder nor in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

Safari version 10.0 (11602.1.50.0.10)

I didn't explicitly delete FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, but it is not in the
/Library/Extensions folder nor in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

You could try with it. I recently removed it from the scripts as I couldn't reproduce the bug anymore with Safari 10. Maybe it is just intermittent now. Skylake graphics drivers are clearly a work in progress...

Note: It causes other problems on 10.12.

You could try with it. I recently removed it from the scripts as I couldn't reproduce the bug anymore with Safari 10. Maybe it is just intermittent now.

Copied the latest release version (from Github) into /Library/Extensions. In the few times that I have tried it, I haven't seen the problem yet in Youtube/Safari & Vlc. But did see it the first time I ran Quicktime in full screen mode.

Skylake graphics drivers are clearly a work in progress...

It's amazing the stuff that is already working! Thanks for all the efforts and hardwork.

I have the skull canyon nuc and have followed your guide to the T but I keep getting a prohibited sign on boot 9/10 times. If I boot verbose I get either the alloc 2 error, kernel cache error, or it just sits on lines of stars no matter what options I choose (without caches, with caches, with injected kexts, alternate SMBIOS, AptioFix_Free2000 etc.)

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
I have the skull canyon nuc and have followed your guide to the T but I keep getting a prohibited sign on boot 9/10 times. If I boot verbose I get either the alloc 2 error, kernel cache error, or it just sits on lines of stars no matter what options I choose (without caches, with caches, with injected kexts, alternate SMBIOS, AptioFix_Free2000 etc.)

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IOReg.zip
    610.1 KB · Views: 76
  • KextCache_Output.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 83
  • EFI.zip
    15.9 MB · Views: 96

EFI not requested. Please read the request carefully.

Notes regarding ioreg:
- the guide does not recommend iMac17,1.
- remove FakeSMC sensor kexts (not FakeSMC.kext)
- remove unsupported Intel NVMe SSD
- your config.plist (looking at Clover bootlog in ioreg) is not the one from the guide.

Read the guide carefully.

Last edited:

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IOReg.zip
    610.1 KB · Views: 79
  • KextCache_Output.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 78
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 76

No need to look at CLOVER (at this point). Problems are obvious just from ioreg (especially the config.plist problem).

Read edits in post #218.

It is a basic problem: You did not follow the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back