Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since September :lol: When I install Lion on my 4530s.

nikstar said:
Since September :lol: When I install Lion on my 4530s.

Lol that's a long time, I edit my post about my keyboard layout file while you were replying :p

Dewitts said:
I deleted the ethernet and added airport :thumbup:

@Ian2k7 in your chameleon.boot.plist do you have a line of hex code at the bottom??

And HELL YES!! you need the extra folder, without that you won't be able to use os x

Yes, I saw hex code at the bottom. The only problem now is Graphics.

ianz2k7 said:
Dewitts said:
I deleted the ethernet and added airport :thumbup:

@Ian2k7 in your chameleon.boot.plist do you have a line of hex code at the bottom??

And HELL YES!! you need the extra folder, without that you won't be able to use os x

Yes, I saw hex code at the bottom. The only problem now is Graphics.

That hex code is for graphics I believe, that's why I was checking you had it...

Ah well that another box ticked :think:

I was just wondering why I couldn't make my Graphics Work.. :crazy:
Its supposed to be working, or is there something wrong I did to this machine? Can I re-run ComboUpdate 10.6.8 on an Existing SL 10.6.8?

blueking said:
Did you run the 4530s installer and select 10.6.8?

Yes sir, the one you posted on Lion thread? I run that. also selected the OS Ver. 10.6.8
and the BIOS F09..

blueking said:
Why am I patching this? What was wrong?

Sleep wasn't working...

Sorry I took so long to get back to you.

@ianz2k7

I put SL on my hard drive last night without any major problems. I used my custom USB method viewtopic.php?p=240529#p240529
since it only takes 8 minutes for basic install and often reinstall OS.
If you are willing to start from scratch I can do the same and we can compare each step to see where the problem lies.

I never used iboot, rboot so don't know if they are any potential problems that prevent SL from working on your laptop. I will burn iboot CD tomorrow to see how it goes.
Since you are using 4730S dsdt.aml is needed in /Extra folder for any type of installer you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back