Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Snow Leopard on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigDonkey said:
@ianz2k7

I put SL on my hard drive last night without any major problems. I used my custom USB method viewtopic.php?p=240529#p240529
since it only takes 8 minutes for basic install and often reinstall OS.
If you are willing to start from scratch I can do the same and we can compare each step to see where the problem lies.

I never used iboot, rboot so don't know if they are any potential problems that prevent SL from working on your laptop. I will burn iboot CD tomorrow to see how it goes.
Since you are using 4730S dsdt.aml is needed in /Extra folder for any type of installer you use.

We'll yes sir, I can start from Scratch right now, I will take whatever it takes just to make this Machine works.. I have 2 Laptops here, stucked. T__T

Please restore your Retail DVD using Disk Utility to USB drive 8GB or larger and also include other essential files on it like chameleon, 3.1.1 installer and correct dsdt.aml for 4730S which you can get from "Installer files for manual install.zip" viewtopic.php?p=261987#p261987
bootable USB drive should look like this. Please note 2 mach_kernels. They need to be from 10.6.8 (already included in my post)
USB_install.png
Please ask any questions. When you get to step 7 let me know because booting into single mode is required to transfer mach_kernel and /Extra folder to the hard drive.

Attachments

• USB_install.png
    USB_install.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 194
Yes, I will... there's 2 mach_kernels, inside extra and outside extra.. am I right?

ianz2k7 said:
Yes, I will... there's 2 mach_kernels, inside extra and outside extra.. am I right?
That's right. Both around 20MB. Only one is needed. One in /Extra is a backup.

BigDonkey said:
Please restore your Retail DVD using Disk Utility to USB drive 8GB or larger and also include other essential files on it like chameleon, 3.1.1 installer and correct dsdt.aml for 4730S which you can get from "Installer files for manual install.zip" viewtopic.php?p=261987#p261987
bootable USB drive should look like this. Please note 2 mach_kernels. They need to be from 10.6.8 (already included in my post)
USB_install.png
Please ask any questions. When you get to step 7 let me know because booting into single mode is required to transfer mach_kernel and /Extra folder to the hard drive.

when I put the mach_kernel on the USB, root.. it says the item "mach_kernel" can't be replaced because it's invisible..
any idea how can I?

ianz2k7 said:
BigDonkey said:
USB_install.png

when I put the mach_kernel on the USB, root.. it says the item "mach_kernel" can't be replaced because it's invisible..
any idea how can I?

Make it visible then?

I mean there's already mach_kernel on the my usb drive, because I restore the SL Retail on it.. but hidden.. and I wan't to replace it.. can you teach me how?

Perhaps by running this first to make it visible
ShowAllFiles.zip
then delete old mach_kernel and copy new one.

Otherwise we'll do it in terminal. When you partition HD please name it something short like SL
It will make easier during step 7.

Attachments

• ShowAllFiles.zip
    76.9 KB · Views: 169
Thank You, it solved my problem, I already deleted the old mach_kernel.. Replaced it with new one in 10.6.8.. do I need to hide this? or no?

ianz2k7 said:
Thank You, it solved my problem, I already deleted the old mach_kernel.. Replaced it with new one in 10.6.8.. do I need to hide this? or no?
no need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back