Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Dell XPS 9530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Rehab, I just figured out how to add sources to MarciASL - I'm going to Carry on with the guide now see where it takes me.

I have the Dell 9530 - I'll update my profile now.

Okay my issue is the iasl command in the tutorial is not working for me, I have my extract DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml in "DSDT" within "Documents" but everytime I execute the command 'iasl -da ˜/Documents/DSDT.' I receive an error "command not found" - this seems to be where I'm failing now.

I got a little bit further:

alis-mac-pro:Documents ali$ /Users/ali/Documents/iasl -da /Users/ali/Documents/DSDT

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140724-64 [Jul 24 2014]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

Loading Acpi table from file /Users/ali/Documents/DSDT - Length 00000680 (0002A8)
Could not read the table header
Could not get table from the file

Okay my issue is the iasl command in the tutorial is not working for me, I have my extract DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml in "DSDT" within "Documents" but everytime I execute the command 'iasl -da ˜/Documents/DSDT.' I receive an error "command not found" - this seems to be where I'm failing now.

You need to copy iasl to /usr/bin, so it is in your path (basic Terminal skills are useful).

In addition, there is clearly a typo in this guide... Most likely what was intended was 'iasl -da ~/Documents/DSDT/*'.

Also, if you're using the latest iasl, you'll need to use the '-dl' flag due to a new feature added to the latest iasl.

Thanks Rehab, looks like you got me further!

alis-mac-pro:Documents ali$ iasl -da ~/Documents/DSDT/*

Loading Acpi table from file /Users/ali/Documents/DSDT/DSDT.aml - Length 00056541 (00DCDD)
ACPI: DSDT 0x0000000000000000 00DCDD (v02 DELL CL09 00000000 INTL 20120711)
Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded
Loading Acpi table from file /Users/ali/Documents/DSDT/System DSDT.dsl - Length 00497259 (07966B)
TableHeader length [0x6E49202A] greater than the input file size [0x7966B]
File appears to be ASCII only, must be binary

Not sure what the above means, could it be my *.aml are not correct?

Thanks Rehab, looks like you got me further!

alis-mac-pro:Documents ali$ iasl -da ~/Documents/DSDT/*

Loading Acpi table from file /Users/ali/Documents/DSDT/DSDT.aml - Length 00056541 (00DCDD)
ACPI: DSDT 0x0000000000000000 00DCDD (v02 DELL CL09 00000000 INTL 20120711)
Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded
Loading Acpi table from file /Users/ali/Documents/DSDT/System DSDT.dsl - Length 00497259 (07966B)
TableHeader length [0x6E49202A] greater than the input file size [0x7966B]
File appears to be ASCII only, must be binary

Not sure what the above means, could it be my *.aml are not correct?

If you follow the instructions as written, there should initially be no *.dsl files in ~/Documents/DSDT.

Simple as that! Thanks Rehab!

Disassembly Completed

Brick Walls Don't stop appearing!

now when I click on Patch within MarciASL it doesnt give me a dialogue box with all the patches I can apply, just does nothing!

Not sure at all what this could be, as it was working around 30 minutes ago. Restarted with no luck.

Brick Walls Don't stop appearing!

now when I click on Patch within MarciASL it doesnt give me a dialogue box with all the patches I can apply, just does nothing!

Not sure at all what this could be, as it was working around 30 minutes ago. Restarted with no luck.

Check that you have internet access. Also check your Sources in MaciASL->Preferences.

Seems like there was an issue with the Repos I added in, Just removed them and tried again. Now I can patch the DSDT.DSL and the aml* files.

this is what I've done so far:

Opened the relevant file for e.g DSDT.dsl
Clicked on Patch, select the individual patches then click on apply, click on close then I click on compile. Gone through with no errors, so I 'save as' *patched. I do the same for all the files listed. I then move the files to /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched REBOOTED.

I still have the brightness very high and cannot amend the brightness. Am I missing something?

Seems like there was an issue with the Repos I added in, Just removed them and tried again. Now I can patch the DSDT.DSL and the aml* files.

this is what I've done so far:

Opened the relevant file for e.g DSDT.dsl
Clicked on Patch, select the individual patches then click on apply, click on close then I click on compile. Gone through with no errors, so I 'save as' *patched. I do the same for all the files listed. I then move the files to /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched REBOOTED.

I still have the brightness very high and cannot amend the brightness. Am I missing something?

You may have forgot config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true.

You cannot provide patched SSDTs without dropping the OEM SSDTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back