Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Just curious - what is your boot time, or time it takes to boot?

From when I hit enter in the OC picker to the login screen coming up is about 97 seconds.

Is your CPU a K SKU? If so, check that Aperture size is set to 1024mb.
It is a 13700K, but my BIOS (f28) has no aperture size parameter anywhere. That link is for the Aero G though, I have an Aero D.

Last edited:
To anyone with:
  • Gigabyte GC-Maple Ridge
  • Asus ThunderboltEX 4
  • ASRock Thunderbolt 4
@Elias64Fr has done it again! Thunderbolt Bus can be activated in Ventura and Sonoma, allowing hot plug and eGPU capability!

For all the still-unfolding details and developments, we invite you to visit this thread:

Last edited:
To anyone with:
  • Gigabyte GC-Maple Ridge
  • Asus ThunderboltEX 4
  • ASRock Thunderbolt 4
@Elias64Fr has done it again! Thunderbolt Bus can be activated in Ventura and Sonoma, allowing hot plug and eGPU capability!

For all the still-unfolding details and developments, we invite you to visit this thread:

We still need a flashed TB card?

We still need a flashed TB card?
On Asus motherboards it seems we do not need to flash the firmware. On Gigabyte motherboards we’re still assessing the situation, but I don’t think it’s looking hopeful.

Do you have an un-flashed GC-Maple Ridge installed in Gigabyte Z690 Aero G? If so, have you tried the SSDT-only approach?

On Asus motherboards it seems we do not need to flash the firmware. On Gigabyte motherboards we’re still assessing the situation, but I don’t think it’s looking hopeful.

Do you have an un-flashed GC-Maple Ridge installed in Gigabyte Z690 Aero G? If so, have you tried the SSDT-only approach?
My card is not flashed. I'm not sure which SSDT to try at this moment.

I tried the 2 kernel patches (Sonoma and Common) as well but didn't help.

I can help, let me know.

My card is not flashed. I'm not sure which SSDT to try at this moment.

I tried the 2 kernel patches (Sonoma and Common) as well but didn't help.

I can help, let me know.
Please see this post for the SSDT. We will of course need to enable SSDT-DTPG.aml as well.

Back