Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hello
What version of Desktop Video did you installed ? What BlackMagicDesign hardware do you have ?
Can you describe your Desktop Video kext installation Steps ?
Thanks in advance
SO after trying all the steps that people suggested, uninstall, then restart, then SIP off, restart, install, before Reboot launch Terminal and enter:
sudo mv /Library/Application\ Support/Blackmagic\ Design/Blackmagic\ DeckLink/Signed\ Extensions/BlackmagicIO.kext /Library/Extensions

^ NONE of that worked :( And I tried versions 12.0, --> 12.6 doing these steps every single time. And I had 12.4 working.

So I erased the entire drive and all my work and reinstalled everything from scratch. I am using Desktop Video version 12.1 and Adobe Premiere 24 does not recognize it though it sees the audio channels of the card. But I can send an HDMI signal to my TV (I have my TV hooked to both my GPU and the DeckLink card).

Davinci Resolve recognizes Desktop Video 12.1.

So after a few days of working and installing apps, for kicks I uninstalled DesktopVideo and reinstalled it thinking maybe Premier would be ok. It did not work BUT the uninstall and reinstall worked fine!

So to answer your question: I installed 12.1, followed the dialog box to allow permissions in system prefs, then restarted, and it was fine. And SIP is off for me.

But again, this did not work before I erased my drive.

SO after trying all the steps that people suggested, uninstall, then restart, then SIP off, restart, install, before Reboot launch Terminal and enter:
sudo mv /Library/Application\ Support/Blackmagic\ Design/Blackmagic\ DeckLink/Signed\ Extensions/BlackmagicIO.kext /Library/Extensions

^ NONE of that worked :( And I tried versions 12.0, --> 12.6 doing these steps every single time. And I had 12.4 working.

So I erased the entire drive and all my work and reinstalled everything from scratch. I am using Desktop Video version 12.1 and Adobe Premiere 24 does not recognize it though it sees the audio channels of the card. But I can send an HDMI signal to my TV (I have my TV hooked to both my GPU and the DeckLink card).

Davinci Resolve recognizes Desktop Video 12.1.

So after a few days of working and installing apps, for kicks I uninstalled DesktopVideo and reinstalled it thinking maybe Premier would be ok. It did not work BUT the uninstall and reinstall worked fine!

So to answer your question: I installed 12.1, followed the dialog box to allow permissions in system prefs, then restarted, and it was fine. And SIP is off for me.

But again, this did not work before I erased my drive.
Thanks for your detailed reply
it's the same on my side : Desktop Video 12.1 Max with MiniMonitor 4K
I wish to find a way to install newer version ....
EDIT
I Think I found a way .... but no :thumbup:

Last edited:
During video calls on Skype, does your video appear normally on the other participants’ computers?

If only their video fails to appear on your system, does Skype have an option to use hardware decoding? Can that option be turned off to see what happens?

Another option is to install fresh copy of macOS into a new APFS Volume on the internal NVMe SSD and see if Skype video works normally during a call. If so, it tells us that there’s a conflict of some kind in the main installation of macOS.
To your first question, yes, my counterpart in Skype can see my video just fine.

Secondly, I have not found an option for hardware decoding in Skype app.

And lastly, I have done a fresh reinstall of the system: used macOS Sonoma 14.3.1, flashed it to a USB Flash card, created a fresh OC using Hackindrom, updated it to the latest version (0.9.9), cleared CMOS of the mobo, set everything in BIOS and in OC config.plist according to the instructions. The result is the same. The firs app I downloaded and installed after activation was Skype. But the same problem persists.

Update: the same situation with no video from the other side in Skype still persists after having updated macOS to the version 14.4

Last edited:
BIOS: F28 (my mobo is Gigabyte AERO D, but maybe BIOS is the same... however I should mention that when this first started occurring I had BIOS version F24, and I upgraded to F28 in an unsuccessful attempt to fix the problem)
MacOS: Ventura 13.3.1
NVMe: WD Black SN770 x2, WD Black SN850X... however I removed all SSDs except the SN770 MacOS/Opencore is on and it made no difference.
SATA: Irrelevant because in attempting to diagnose this, I tried removing all SATA drives and it makes no diffference.
PCIe: XFX Radeon 6950XT in 16x slot, Texas Instruments XIO2213B Firewire card in 4x slot.
Thunderbolt: Motherboard has Maple Ridge TB4 built-in, but I am not using any Thunderbolt devices.
Hi. Did you have any problems ralated with bios F28? I have the same MoBo with F28.

Wondering about F28 as well. I have an Aero D with F28 bios that I would like to use.
I posted earlier in the thread that I did.

Hi. Did you have any problems ralated with bios F28? I have the same MoBo with F28.
I haven't had any problems specific to any BIOS version that I've flashed. F28 works fine. My system is working perfectly except it won't wake the display after sleep and no matter what I have tried I can't seem to fix that... so I just gave up and disabled sleep.

I haven't had any problems specific to any bios version that I've flashed. F28 works fine. My system is working perfectly except it won't wake the display after sleep and no matter what I have tried I can't seem to fix that... so I just gave up and disabled sleep.
Do you have Resize bar enabled?

Back