Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH - Thunderbolt 2.0 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are only tonymacx86 , Rkool and Jaseinny building the GA-Z87X-UD7-TH and no final results yet?

I don't want to be an early adaptor, but I am waiting for the GA-Z87X-UD7-TH for 5 months...
and my Mac Pro needed replacement like... last year...

1. Is it certain that everything on the GA-Z87X-UD7-TH (such as TH2) will be fully functioning in the near future? So I can finally order the hardware.

2. Do you think it will be strong and stable enough? for professional HD (2K) video (AVCHD) editing with fluent playback in Premiere + working in After effects / grading. I know the 4930K is faster, but more difficult to build/ setup. It will be my first build, and I need it to be stable.

- i7 4770k
- GA-Z87X-UD7-TH
- MSI GTX 770 4GB
- 512GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro
- 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 4x8GB DDR3 2133
- LG Blu-ray Writer BH16NS40
- TP-LINK WLAN Adapter TL-WDN4800 450Mbps PCI-E
- Seasonic X Platinum PSU 760W 760-XP
- CPU Cooler Scythe SCMG-3PCGH Mugen 3 Rev.B PCGH

I hope it will be a golden build soon and look very forward to your results!

I have ordered the GA-Z87X-UD7 TH!!
Any luck yet?

GA-Z87X-UD7-TH
How does your setup compare in speed to your Mac Pro?

GA-Z87X-UD7-TH
THANKS and good luck!

Today i'v test Z87X UD7 TH Thunderbolt doen't work
But I suppose you bought it for the Thunderbolt 2 to work, so you will expect to get it working, right?

Audio and Network working on this motherboard. No problem, thanks to MultiBeast 6.1 ;-)
Does Wifi also work? Or do I need to buy an extra TP-LINK WLAN Adapter TL-WDN4800 450Mbps PCI-E for that?
Thanks!

....need an update Bios

What the heck are you talking about? Did you even read the first post of this very thread? Thunderbolt is working, just follow the instructions in the first post. Unless you are talking about thunderbolt hotswap which as the post indicates they are still trying to get that working. A BIOS update has nothing to do with that.

g\

You _cannot_ hotplug TB devices this has already been said many times. Connect any TB devices you have _before_ you turn on your computer and make sure TB is set to Legecy mode in your BIOS.

Also no devices are going to show under thunderbolt in OSX, this has also been said many times.

You _cannot_ hotplug TB devices. No devices are going to show under thunderbolt in OSX.

Sorry to disturb Pjalm, but to be sure: For the rest the GA-Z87X-UD7-TH is working or most likely will be in the near future? Also Thunderbolt 2 speed, etc? (As Tony wrote Thunderbolt appear as PCI, but no systemwide Native Thunderbolt recognition)

If it all works/ will work, I finally can purchase the hardware and start the build.
Do you think this will be best (strong and stable) for my purposes HD/2k editing (see yesterdays post below 01-13-2014, 05:14 PM) THANKS!

Noone really knows if we will ever get Thunderbolt to actually work correctly and show as Thunderbolt but at least the TB devices do in fact work at present if you follow directions. I cannot comment as to if you actually get TB2 speeds as I would never buy a TB mobo for a hack so I have never tested it, perhaps someone else can do that and post the results.

Everything else on the mobo should work fine as I haven't seen anyone say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back