Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Thunderbolt (Updated to 10.8.2 and MultiBeast 5.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the F12e ... and still looking for the right voice in the menu ...

sure i can look but i'm in the middle of some video transcodes so i cant reboot right now. maybe later tonight...

Hi SPS,

You're welcome! There certainly has been a lot of contributions here from everyone (not just myself). We all hope the process of installation gets easier...and I believe with if we foster a helpful but fertile community spirit we will all get there...
OK to answer your questions :) :

1) As far as I know at the moment we have to patch the Nvidia cards when we install it the first time. If you are coming from installing OSX from a HD4000 bootup, then yes you have to use Multibeast. But any changes you've made so far, no I don't think with the 10.8.3 it would break it. If anything it should be native by then.
Though I could suggest for stability and speed you could install the Nvidia Mac GeForce driver set, and the CUDA drivers.

2) I don't know about Alfa, but in my experience using 10.8.2 I didn't need to install any USB drivers as USB 3.0 is now running native (as 10.8.2 is for Ivy Bridge) - so I would leave it out - it's been working out fine on my setup so far with no hiccups. Also the Lacie drivers I found before on another setup to have been problematic at times. You probably need them on a 10.8 system, but not on 10.8.2 as far as I know. Also to resolve your USB 3.0 issues you should enable XHCI in BiOS if you can on your system (SET TO AUTO)....heard a lot of problems about that.

3) I've not bothered with the Macbook Update - unlike Alfa I think the Macbook Update is not necessary (for my 560Ti) though not sure for other cards ie. 660/670 etc. But if you have problems you could also add TRIM afterwards with Multibeast or TRIM Enabler (if you so desire). I used TRIM Enabler myself.

4) I use MacPro 3,1 for my definitions. It's worked out for me so far....

Normally it is through Multibeast selection then reboot but if it doesn't work you need to somehow check permissions, clear cache, touch and rebuild or reboot with -v -f. Sometimes I use OSXTools to do this, but you can try Disk Utility Repair Permissions first.

I finally figured it out. I have Raid0 configuration. That's why it has no affect when I tried to install system profile from Multibeast.

Talk of the devil......I'm now having problems with my install. Can't boot into the drive without using my cloned USB recovery stick and it keeps popping up with
'Sandbox: sandboxd(134) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd'

Tried -f it doesn't work. Safe mode works but poorly...it boots in, but I do something to the drive ie. Disk Utility and it KPs!

All I did was update my Epson and HP printer drivers...

Folks,

Just a reminder but another thing I found is you should select AUTO for XHCI in the BIOS, and allow pre-boot XHCI detection along with the ports to be switchable. If you don't do this and set XHCI to Enable only, any USB 3.0 items you have in the USB 2.0 ports WILL NOT WORK or detected at boot.

In addition to the above issues I also have this now in Syslog:

FireWire GUID 0000000000000000 is invalid!

Anyone got this sorted out yet?

I realized I made a typo. What I meant that I've change to iMac 12,2 in Multibeast but it still shows at iMac 13,1. I believe that it's a display error in the 'About This Mac' since Smbios.plist seems to reflect to correct change

What can I do in the bios to have the CPU fans shut off during a sleep?

Thanks!

I finally figured it out. I have Raid0 configuration. That's why it has no affect when I tried to install system profile from Multibeast.

I have the same configuration as you. Did you manage to fix it?

Thanks

I sorted out my Firewire eventually (and the 'Sandbox: sandboxd(134) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd' message)....it stemmed from an old SL kext named PaceSupport, plus a few other old kexts ie. pre2010. After I deleted them from /S/L/E and rebooted they were fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back