Contribute
Register

Fusion Drive problems with new Advanced Format 4096 byte hard disks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 5900X
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I am currently setting up a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH Intel Core i7 with a 2.3TB Fusion Drive and Thunderbolt setup, and seem to have encountered a problem I've not come across before on any OSX forum. Using a Toshiba SATA3 AF 2TB drive (formerly Hitachi) my system seems to come with an 'Error -69780 Unable to create a CoreStorage Logical Volume" after I have created the Fusion drive with 'diskutil cs create "Fusion" disk0 disk1'. It creates the Fusion group, but it doesn't let me create the volume, even after entering the correct UUID into the terminal commands. I am wondering if it is to do with the 4096 byte formatted drives I am using which is causing this? As there is similar talk about it here on the Apple Support forums, but about drive encryption failures in CoreStorage with the AF drives > https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3222378?start=45&tstart=0

I'm having a similar issue, I can create a Fusion Drive, and it shows up in disk utility/desktop, however trying to boot into it results in a boot0 error or a "still waiting for root device." I'm trying to use a 3TB drive + 60GB partition of a Samsung 840.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back