Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh - still not up and running after 3 days! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reinstalling ML onto my 'Test' drive and will boot into that in the next 20mins. Do you want me to change the entire .plist file, or just append or edit those fields you have pasted in your post?

Complete multibeast installation and before reboot open Extra folder and edit .plist.
Make sure the middle part looks exactly like this.

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

What I see, is that with that version of multi beast (which is something that I don't use, I prefer doing things by hand) if you select UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation then it says at the bottom:

UserDSDT or DSDT-Free is a solution for those who have a pre-edited DSDT on the desktop with an .aml extension or a motherboard that works without a DSDT. Installs your DSDT if found as DSDT.aml, a org.chameleon.Boot.plist with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Apple Boot Screen, UseKernelCache=Yes, GenerateCStates=Yes, GeneratePStates=Yes and darkwake=0 kernel flag, MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and tonymacx86 theme in /Extra.

>>>>> Installs FakeSMC.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

Installs Chimera v1.11.1 r1394 so the system will be bootable from the hard drive and ready for sleep with all hardware recognized in System Profiler. Patches /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext to prevent CMOS resets. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers.

Now tell me again that OS X doesn't need FakeSMC.kext

I asked if he has FakeSMC, he said he had before and then I asked if you have it now... and then this all thing started

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong! My apologies ! But OS X DOES need FakeSMC.kext... if you're not on a real Mac

Ya, you are right.

Still cant get it to boot into the test drive. When it finished installing os x on test drive, I was away from the computer and it booted into the ML disk by default after the install. Im going to try install os x on the test drive one more time and catch it before it boots up another drive.. if that doesnt work again, ill have to leave it til the morning to redo the normal as its geting late now!

Really appreciate all the help, thank you.

Complete multibeast installation and before reboot open Extra folder and edit .plist.
Make sure the middle part looks exactly like this.

<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

OK, I can now boot into my test drive. I edited the .plist file on the ML drive and changed it from this:
68260_10152264228070227_1798594388_n.jpg

to this:
72113_10152263886195227_1380743193_n.jpg

With that saved, i tried booting into my ML drive with -v:
Unknown CPU Model & Failed to Locate SMC Driver
59631_10152264246965227_1565427527_n.jpg

Also, now my boot screen (with the red apple) is cut off at the edges... (i have 5 drives that appear) the 2 edge ones are only half visible.

Also, I do not have the FakeSMC.kext file in my/Extensions folder. If this makes a difference.

The middle part should look like below take everything else out.

<key>EithernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

And boot with -f -v

The middle part should look like below take everything else out.

<key>EithernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

And boot with -f -v

Inside the dict tags?

156398_10152264456050227_361081402_n.jpg

The computer now turns the display off after a few seconds on the grey apple loading screen. Does this both in normal startup and -v -f.

No problem, i needed to sleep too!

I've got PM turned on now.

I reset factory settings again according to the guide you posted on the first page of this thread. One thing i noticed again while i was in BIOS was all the drives are UEFI again..

485122_10152265402425227_329075378_n.jpg

I started ML in -v and saw the unknown CPU error again, then the display went to sleep. Will try the solutions in the other thread now.

Edit: I've changed the string in my .plist for the resolution to match my monitor (1920x1200x32 ... not sure what the x32 is for) but the display still goes to sleep during the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back