Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh - still not up and running after 3 days! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that too, but I dont know how to set them to non-UEFI?

I disconnected all other HDD's, including my 'test' sata drive and I was able to get a P0 drive. I then saved that config and booted with -v -f and got the same SMC driver error, though this time the screen did not go to sleep.:

536626_10152265433870227_1930597966_n.jpg

530991_10152265435575227_1291407183_n.jpg

Hi smur 89!

Iam a noob like you with almost the same configurations. And it took me a day to complete my systems with some helps from people here. There are some of things i faced during installations which might help you.

First of all is the correct setting of everything in the bios before Unibeast installation

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-i7-3770k-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-660-ti-23.html

http://blog.yerkanian.com/2012/08/2...h-with-gigabyte-z77x-ud5h-and-intel-i7-3770k/

I am not sure if you know these above links. If you already known it then I have an extra tip:

Disable the Vt D function in the motherboard (that helps me solve aproblem with the bluetooth device error)

Disable on board stuffs.. enable one thing at a time to know when problem occurs

Use safeboot to install Multibeast in case you have problem with the main boot. And Mac 5.1 system definition gives me a kernel panic.

If your system reads your ram bus 1333 instead of the actual 1600. You can change it in the bios. Dont have to kext or anything.

And the sound we can only get it to work on 2 jacks, orange and black. I cant find the solution for it to fully works.

Thats all the problems i faced during installation.

My system i7 3770K - u5DH mobo - MSI 2Gb 660Ti - 32 Gb Gskill Ram 1600 + cheap chinese bluetooth dongle + WDN 4800 TP link wifi. Everything works OOB without kext or too technical helps. If i can remember anything else. I 'll tell you.

And sometimes it takes quite a while to pass the logo booting process during installation.

All the pros feel free to correct me because I am a total noob :)
Good luck !

Hey macorhack and POSTpro, thanks for the replies. I had followed those threads and guides, but with no success.

MiniITX kindly stepped me through the install, and after several hours, and a few fresh installs, we finally got a bootable system.

The HD4000 proved to be the big issue for me.

We re-flashed the BIOS and started from scratch. Fresh install, and then in multibeast all we needed was the DSDST/DSDT Free, Audio and 1080p (in customisation). Once we did that, we were pretty much set.

In reality, we had problems after this, but it was due to us messing around with the BIOS settings and straying from the recommended settings.

Hopefully im not leaving anything out here, but if I am, I will update tomorrow, its late!

thanks to everyone on the thread who chimed in to offer assistance. I would still be pounding my head off anything close-by and solid if it werent for the help.

Right now, I am using the system and trying to take note of any bugs. The first of which I found fairly quickly while trying to download XCode... I cant access the app store, and i cant connect with iCloud. I did a quick search and there seems to be solutions on the board for this, but I'll leave that for another day!

Again, thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back