Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh - still not up and running after 3 days! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First Hackintosh - still not up and running after 3 days! Help! Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770K, Built In Graphics H4000

Hi Guys,

I've been trying everything in the forums to get this computer up and running, and so far all ive ended up doing is giving myself a headache.

I had it successfully up and bootable, but upgraded to 10.8.2 using the combo installer. After this, I've had nothing but trouble, ranging from The display going to sleep after the grey apple logo, Failing to find SMC files, needing to delete oemsmbios.text file etc etc. None of the solutions got me up and running with a bootable and at the start, problems with the Mac Pro 5,1 identifier, which i applied for no reason and just dropped it to get rid of that issue and issue with drives being listed as QEFI instead of P0, P1 (which needed other HDDs to be disconnected to show Mac OS volume as P0)

Right now I'm starting again, formatted the HDD and am installing OS X 10.8.2 from a UniBeast flash USB. This part always goes fine (having done it about 30 times now), and I can restart into the HDD afterwards. At that stage I've even used a backup to load my stuff on, but have given up on this step now and would be happy with a blank installed bootable os x! The problem comes after the Multibeast install, I have followed a number of other peoples settings on this and none have worked for me.

This is a fresh install into 10.8.2 now and not an update into it - i have tried redownloading from the apple app store but this too now comes down as 10.8.2 (I was going to stay on 10.8.1 til I was confidant i could update hassle free!)

PLEASE help me.
What Multibeast settings should I be applying here?
After multibeast, what should i do (step by step)? (i.e, install older version of appleACPIPIatform.kext? delete oemsmbios.kext? Ive seen some mention of an AppleHDA, but not sure what im meant to do with that (unless it's reinstalling the audio drivers through multibeast - which I've already tried.) I have followed the recommended BIOS set up and am upgraded to F14 BIOS.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Intel i7 3770K
Seagate 1TB HDD
No graphics card - using built in HD4000

Any help appreciated. Im waiting here booted into OS X 10.8.2 before Multibeast install.

Make sure the BIOS settings are bang on http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Do a fresh install and run Multibest and only check

User DSDT or DSDT free.
Audio
Either net
Boot loader
Boot scren - 1080p
iMac 12.2

If you get KP then boot with -V take a photo and attach. Also try booting with -v -x after that.

I am guessing your computer stops are uknow CPU error.

Just try this once. : Temp solution, change the .plist in extra folder to this.

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Make sure the BIOS settings are bang on http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Do a fresh install and run Multibest and only check

User DSDT or DSDT free.
Audio
Either net
Boot loader
Boot scren - 1080p
iMac 12.2

If you get KP then boot with -V take a photo and attach. Also try booting with -v -x after that.

I am guessing your computer stops are uknow CPU error.

Just try this once. : Temp solution, change the .plist in extra folder to this.

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks for the reply MiniITX,

That BIOS guide is the one I had originally followed, and I have checked it several times to make sure it hasnt been changed since.

Im currently trying migration assistant again (I didnt expect such a quick response), so it will be a while before I can try these new multibeast settings. The only settings there which I have not applied before are Boot screen 1080p and imac 12.2.

I have had unknown CPU errors in verbose mode. I have also noticed that it looks for DSMOS, but I dont recall seeing anything after that which would suggest it had been found. I will post pictures if I run into trouble using the new settings.

I have edited the .plist file you mention before to get full resolution working (though i just needed to change graphicsenabler to yes). Will try your recomended values also.

Thanks again.

Here's a picture from an earlier KP that I had, light shining gets in the way a bit...:
525677_10152261571250227_489695909_n.jpg

Here's a picture from an earlier KP that I had, light shining gets in the way a bit...:
In the picture, if you go down about 1/2 way, you see the line "Kernel Extensions in backtrace". In the next line you see the kext that causes the KP. You can see part of the name of AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. This kext is safe to remove, so go to /System/Library/Extensions, find AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and drag it to the Trash to get rid of the KP.

Thanks, I didnt really need the identifier to be Mac Pro 5,1 so on a fresh install I did not select that in multibeast and I didnt get any kernel panics like that again.

I dont know why I posted that screenshot, its misleading. most of my errors came down to not finding SMC files if i remember correctly.

This is what i would suggest. Along with normal harddrive connect a spare harddrive to the build for testing.

Name the testing drive, Install OSX on both the drives.
Do not install anything on normal harddrive so that you can boot with unibeast USB to it and get access to the test drive.

Do basic Multibeast installation on spare drive.
User DSDT and DSDT free
Either net

Reboot with -v and start troubleshooting.

This is what i would suggest. Along with normal harddrive connect a spare harddrive to the build for testing.

Name the spare drive as testing drive, Install OSX on both the drives.
Do not install anything on normal harddrive so that you can boot with unibeast USB to it and get access to the test drive.

Do basic Multibeast installation on spare drive.
User DSDT and DSDT free
Either net

Reboot with -v and start troubleshooting.

I tried to do this, but not sure I fully understood/understand how to - everytime I want to boot into the test drive, ill need to install os x onto it again?

And what if you configure it as a Mac Pro 3.1? if i configure it as a 5.1 i get the same KP.

There's no kernel panic with 3,1... but i had other issues too. Check out rif156's post, I think that's a way around the 5,1 issue. If not, the solution is definitely on the forum, search around, I found it easily enough.

In the picture, if you go down about 1/2 way, you see the line "Kernel Extensions in backtrace". In the next line you see the kext that causes the KP. You can see part of the name of AppleTyMCEDriver.kext. This kext is safe to remove, so go to /System/Library/Extensions, find AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and drag it to the Trash to get rid of the KP.

My migration is due to complete here in 28minutes.

Well even though you will not be able to bootback in to test drive after multibeast installation,
You still can access that drive and do changes on it by booting into normal harddrive.

Start attaching screenshots of -v modes. rtlf156 and me will try to sort the issue.

Well even though you will not be able to bootback in to test drive after multibeast installation,
You still can access that drive and do changes on it by booting into normal harddrive.

Start attaching screenshots of -v modes. rtlf156 and me will try to sort the issue.

If I run multibeast on both test and normal HDD, i wont be able to boot into either of them surely?
And if i dont run multibeast on test, i wont be able to boot anyway?

Am running Multibeast now on the normal Mountain Lion drive. Will take pics as I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back