Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh - still not up and running after 3 days! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the pictures posted, he forgot to add FakeSMC

I have had FakeSMC installed before and still got the SMC driver not found.

Im just following MiniITX's and rlf156's advice here.

And now, do you have FakeSMC.kext ?

You need it !!!!

That board don't need fakesmc kext to work.
This is why i told you to install OSX on both drives and install multibeast on only one drive.

Try booting with -v -x -f i am sure you will be able to boot into OSX.

This is why i told you to install OSX on both drives and install multibeast on only one drive.

This is my -v -x -f attempt to boot into the test drive (where I do not have multibeast installed)
18280_10152264057665227_329361725_n.jpg

I can actually access my ML drive over the network while it is stuck on the grey apple loading screen from my other mac. I can edit the .plist file from there instead?

Screen Shot 2012-11-07 at 21.40.05.png

This part I dont understand. How do i edit that file with no access?

I have HDD 'Mountain Lion' and HDD 'Test'.
ML has multibeast installed and it is that drive which i have pasted the screen shots of while booting.
Test has no multibeast on it., but wont boot when i select it from the option screen.

Very basic question i guess, sorry!
You have "Mountain Lion" to which you installed Multibeast and it has difficulty booting.

You have "Test" to which you did not install Multibeast. But you can boot it using the Unibeast drive. Just boot Unibeast to the drive selection window (with the red apple at the top). Select "Test" and boot it to the Desktop. Then you can edit the file on "Mountain Lion".

If by 'that board', you mean the Z77X-UD5H, which is the same as mine then why do you say he doesn't need FakeSMC.kext, how do you expect to get to OSX UI without FakeSMC ?!

Also, If i remove FakeSMC, my system will not boot and it will show me same error he has right now

I am reinstalling ML onto my 'Test' drive and will boot into that in the next 20mins. Do you want me to change the entire .plist file, or just append or edit those fields you have pasted in your post?

If by 'that board', you mean the Z77X-UD5H, which is the same as mine then why do you say he doesn't need FakeSMC.kext, how do you expect to get to OSX UI without FakeSMC ?!

Also, If i remove FakeSMC, my system will not boot and it will show me same error he has right now

Couple of builds that are up and running without that kext.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...d5h-i7-3770k-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-660-ti.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...stomac-success-z77x-ud5h-gt-640-i7-3770k.html

I am sure if you search the forum you will find few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back