Contribute
Register

Exclusive: Hands on with Gigabyte’s upcoming mini-ITX motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Exclusive: Hands on with Gigabyte’s upcoming mini-ITX motherboards

Sorry Noob Question: How compatible (dimension wise) will this be if I wanted to, say, hack a G4 Cube? :) Does anyone here have any previous experience working with a Cube?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/case-mods/

You know there is a search engine on the forum, right?

I am working on a build with the Zotac H77ITX. It does have ALC892, and Realtek LAN (I think it is RTL8111E, but whatever it is, the LAN worked with the Lnx2Mac Realtek driver from Multibeast).

Thanks for the info.

No display port!!??

a mini-ITX CustoMac will perform a lot better than an iMac as Apple is using mobile CPU's while these mini-ITX boards use desktop CPU's.

I think this is just a typo that you made, but iMacs don't use mobile processors, they use desktop processors, the Mac Mini does use mobile parts.

I think this is just a typo that you made, but iMacs don't use mobile processors, they use desktop processors, the Mac Mini does use mobile parts.

Indeed, Mac mini, not iMac :p

Not a fan of this form factor, not enough bang for the buck. Pricing ends up too close to a mac mini for similar performance. Thanks for the the info, can never have too much.
You get to the same price, for a bit bigger than a mac mini.
But, on the other hand, you have desktop components, instead of lower laptop equipment.
You get a SSD instead of the slow 5400rpm, and you get 8GB of DDR instead of anemic 2GB from the mac mini.
I still take a Hack mini, for that price. ;-)

No doubt it will be faster than a macmini but a mac mini will be worth something in a couple of years. I think best dollar value is a cheaper microatx build or spend more and make a dual boot monster, this cluttered middle ground area confuses me. A mini that overclocks? Wifi that doesn't work? move up or move down in my opinion. For those that like this area hey no problem, build one and tell us about it. I still like to read and learn it's just not for me.

I really don't understand why this kind of ITX motherboard need two NICs? Will somebody use this to build a router? Will HTPC, or regular PC need two NICs?

So...what mini pci-e wifi/bluetooth combo would be good to couple with this motherboard for full Airport compatibility? Also, if the Intel RAID driver doesn't work, could you still set up functional RAID in a dual-boot solution?

So...what mini pci-e wifi/bluetooth combo would be good to couple with this motherboard for full Airport compatibility? Also, if the Intel RAID driver doesn't work, could you still set up functional RAID in a dual-boot solution?

None as far as we're aware, you might be able to find some Broadcom solution that will do the trick, but we haven't tested any that works. I'd suggesting posting about it in the network section.

And no, you can't set up RAID for Windows in a dual boot scenario, at least not unless you manually go in and change between RAID and AHCI every time you change OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back