Contribute
Register

Exclusive: Hands on with Gigabyte’s upcoming mini-ITX motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Exclusive: Hands on with Gigabyte’s upcoming mini-ITX motherboards

I couldn't wait for Gigabyte's Z77N so I went for Zotac's Z77ITX 2 weeks ago. Looks like the Zotac is better: mSata + DisplayPort + compatible WiFi. Check out my build here.

Looking at your build, it looks like HDMI Audio is not working. That's a deal breaker for someone who is trying to build an OS X HTPC. If that is in fact a true statement, I don't see how it's 99.99% working.

But this motherboard does in fact look awesome. I could care less if WiFi is working as my router is right next to my whole HT setup.

Now if they could just loose the ridiculous PS/2 keyboard/mouse port. Does anyone use them anymore (even with windows or linux). =) I'm going to build a ML Server inside a BitFenix Prodigy case once this mainboard hits the market.

There should be no problem using this board to build a hack with an ssd. What it doesn't have is an mSata slot for a caching ssd, but since that isn't supported by OS X it isn't really relevant anyway.

thx for the information

I couldn't wait for Gigabyte's Z77N so I went for Zotac's Z77ITX 2 weeks ago. Looks like the Zotac is better: mSata + DisplayPort + compatible WiFi. Check out my build here.

Does the Zotac Z77ITX and H77ITX boards use
Realtek ALC892 and
Realtek RTL8111E?

I'll give up those features to save $35 to $55. Easy enough to replace the wifi card and like it was mentioned above mSata doesn't work in OS X. So that just leaves the DP, which I do agree should have been on these gigabyte boards. Only a minor set back though.

The watermark on those photos is pretty cool, very subtle - in the first one I thought it was part of the board! Now that would be a bit obvious if Gigabyte did that :)
Speaking of which... how is it exactly that a site dedicated to making hackintoshes gets an exclusive story on an in-demand upcoming product like this...?

Will there 100% be a guide for this board?

Does the Zotac Z77ITX and H77ITX boards use
Realtek ALC892 and
Realtek RTL8111E?

I am working on a build with the Zotac H77ITX. It does have ALC892, and Realtek LAN (I think it is RTL8111E, but whatever it is, the LAN worked with the Lnx2Mac Realtek driver from Multibeast).

hm seems like h77 will be a winner at 99 dollars (presumable price on newegg after a couple of weeks). no reason to spend more on a z77 board that does nothing more then overclock, especially when I'm guessing most people will be running a 3225 (or similar) cpu that doesn't OC anyway...

Now if they could just loose the ridiculous PS/2 keyboard/mouse port. Does anyone use them anymore (even with windows or linux). =) I'm going to build a ML Server inside a BitFenix Prodigy case once this mainboard hits the market.

A lot of Windows gamers do with keyboards for N-key rollover...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back