Motherboard
Gigabyte GA H77-DS3H F7
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570T
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 1024 MB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm at the end of finishing recording a new album (deadline in 2 days) and after months with no issues, my computer won't boot. I get past clover and I get "no" symbol (circle w/ slash). I lost power during a storm yesterday, it flickered and came back on, restarted without issues. Today, can't get going. Don't know if it's related. Apologies in advance for being ignorant when it comes to tech talk, please dumb it down for me! I've attached a screenshot of a verbose boot. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
First thing to try is safe mode :
At the Clover boot screen press the space bar and then select safe mode.

PILGRIM, thanks for the quick reply! I tried safe mode, no luck; see the attached pic for what I got.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
PILGRIM, thanks for the quick reply! I tried safe mode, no luck; see the attached pic for what I got.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

You probably should be using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi rather than the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi shown in your screenshot, although if in fact it was working ok up until now that may not be the case.

Power spikes / lightning strikes are notorious for disrupting the CMOS settings, try a CMOS reset.

Power fluctuations can also cause problems to the hard drive, if you can remove it and try to repair it in another Mac / Hack.

Boot from your USB installer, you did keep it didn't you ?

Yes I do have my usb installer. How do I do a CMOS reset?

Yes I do have my usb installer. How do I do a CMOS reset?

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
Please complete your profile to reflect the details of your Motherboard/CPU/Graphics.

Things like this are included in your manual, if you don't have a manual you can download one from the manufacturer's website.

To reset the CMOS :
Disconnect the power lead.
Remove the chrome coin shaped battery from the motherboard for half a minute.
Refit the battery.
Reconnect the power lead.
Power on and press your BIOS setup key.
Reset BIOS settings to optimised defaults then make whatever adjustments you made when you installed originally,
For example Disable VT-d

No luck with CMOS. Removed/reinstalled battery, restored optimized defaults then updated bios (unless I missed something) and same issue. Does my verbose boot snapshot reveal anything else? I agree the .efi file shouldn't be a problem, as I've had no issues with it.

No luck with CMOS. Removed/reinstalled battery, restored optimized defaults then updated bios (unless I missed something) and same issue. Does my verbose boot snapshot reveal anything?

The Rules said:
Please complete your profile to reflect the details of your Motherboard/CPU/Graphics.

I really should not need to remind you three times.

Can I add to my profile from my iPhone? I can't find a link... Meanwhile, here's what I have;
Gigabyte UEFI dualBIOS
Intel Core i5 H77-DS3H
BIOS version F7
Nvidia Geoforce GT 640 VGA

Profile.png

Click where indicated, scroll down and complete required information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back