Contribute
Register

Do you own a real Mac?

Do You Own a Real Mac?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

Even back in the day I had a UMAX s900 Mac clone rather than spend $1000 more for an Apple machine that didn't really have better stats. I've never liked Apple's desktop computers vs. PCs and I'd never in a million years own an all-in-one. I do like Apple's laptops though. I owned a Titanium PowerBook for many years- the first and only Apple branded computer I've ever bought brand new.

At work, I've had virtually every model of PowerMac/MacPro since the mid 1990's. A few years ago I almost caved in and bought a MacPro so I could do work at home that my PowerBook could no longer handle... but then I read about the Hackintosh scene. What a gold mine for me! I shudder every time I think about if I'd have wasted over $3,000 on a MacPro back then that today would be a fancy doorstop. Spent a reasonable $850 on my first Hack and been hooked ever since. I'm one of those that so long as it's possible, I'll always prefer building my own to buying any desktop from Apple.

I was almost ready to buy a new MacBook though... when I learned about the HP ProBook. $360 for a laptop that gets my work done almost as well as a machine for 4x that amount = no brainer in my book.

LOL, this is an old thread... OK, I'll add my 2¢:

512k Mac
Mac Plus
PM 7500
PowerMac G3
"Hackintosh" with Apple G3 motherboard
"Hackintosh" with Apple G4 quicksilver motherboard
PowerBook Titanium
PowerMac G5
2 G4 imacs (very cool computers)
2 core2 duo 17"
1 G4 Mac Mini
2 intel C2D Mac Mini's
1 Mac Book Air 11"

I've owned almost every Mac ever produced but I often resell them or give them to family members.

I DO have a real mac in my closet, but....
220px-Macintosh_SE_b.jpg

...yeah, you may need to clarify before I can put this in the poll. Mine's hacked together from a few, so its maxed at at 4MB of ram, has a 1.44mb capable floppy drive and a 20mb hard disk. If I could find one of the rare ethernet expansion cards for it (yes, this thing has an expansion slot!) it'd be perfect.

I used to own a ton of older powerpc macs (nothing newer than G3 though) and a few other 68k ones, but in the name of saving space the SE is the only one I have left. I'm really kicking myself for letting go of my crown jewel, the G3 AIO. Think an iMac with dual floppy drives in addition to the CD-Rom, and four PCI slots aimed at educational markets.
PowerMac-G3-AIO.png

In my possession I have a 2 titanium power mac G4's 2006 mac book pro 15" 2.0 , 2 mac G'5 , Mid 2012 mac book pro 15" 2.6

well the wife has a white MacBook. it's an old one - still running on PowerPC architecture and i think it's on Tiger OS.

2x Mac Pros 1,1 3,1
1 MacBook Pro
1 PowerBook G4
2 Mac Mini's 1 Intel 1 G4
1 iMac
2 PowerMac G5s
1 PowerMac G4
3 Hackintosh's
1 MacClassic
2 iPhone 5s
1 iPhone 3GS
1 iPhone 3G
1 iPod Classic

I think thats it. Thats what we have for the whole family (of 3) :D

I'm still trying to acquire an Xserve Raid thats busted, Remove all the internals and create a new Raid Server.

1 MacBook Pro
1 Mac Mini
2 PowerMac G4 (1 MDD)
1 Hackintosh
1 iPhone 5
2 iPhone 3GS
2 iPhone 3G
6 iPhone 2G
2 iPod 3rd Gen
2 Apple ][+ (what I learned to program on. Hours of Sneakers, Aztec, Snak Attack, and Apple Adventure played, too.) :)
2 Apple ][e
1 Apple ][c

I've owned very many, but was a relatively late starter in around 2001 with a G3 iBook.

From there I progressed through a G4 iBook and Mac Minis before my first desktop - and the one I have a very soft spot for - an eMac

After that it was iMacs for several years until I changed to Mac Minis again because I could choose screen and speakers.

Currently the only one I have is a mid-2011 Mac Mini.

And of course 1 x Hackintosh ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back