Dell XPS 9300 - USB Controller ports not being detected

Motherboard
Asus Vivobook X405
CPU
Intel I3-7100u
Graphics
Intel HD 620
Hello,

I appear to have a problem with the usb controller ports not being detected, I've spent several hours on this with no success.

I first tried USBToolBox to map my USB ports on Windows before installing. It detects the controller "TXHC@D" and "XHC@14" and all the ports can be seen on Windows. I mapped accordingly and put the kext in my EFI.

However in mac, the laptop camera or Bluetooth weren't working. In the end, I realised that the XHC@14 controller isn't working properly, because hackintool only showed the two usbc ports in TXHC@D. I then removed the USB mapping and instead have been trying to use USBMap on mac. However after placing the USBMapDummy kext in the EFI, I still cannot detect any ports in XHC@14, however all the ports are showing in TXHC@D.

So now, I rebuilt the SSDTs using the opencore guide, namely GPI0 (replacing XOSI and the relevant patches) and RHUB, also generated EC and USBX using SSDTtime. However its still not working. Now I'm lost. Google doesn't show anyone else having this problem, so now I'm posting here. Any help appreciated Attached is my EFI and dsdt

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    38.5 MB · Views: 13
  • DSDT.aml
    254.2 KB · Views: 6
Hello,

I appear to have a problem with the usb controller ports not being detected, I've spent several hours on this with no success.

I first tried USBToolBox to map my USB ports on Windows before installing. It detects the controller "TXHC@D" and "XHC@14" and all the ports can be seen on Windows. I mapped accordingly and put the kext in my EFI.

However in mac, the laptop camera or Bluetooth weren't working. In the end, I realised that the XHC@14 controller isn't working properly, because hackintool only showed the two usbc ports in TXHC@D. I then removed the USB mapping and instead have been trying to use USBMap on mac. However after placing the USBMapDummy kext in the EFI, I still cannot detect any ports in XHC@14, however all the ports are showing in TXHC@D.

So now, I rebuilt the SSDTs using the opencore guide, namely GPI0 (replacing XOSI and the relevant patches) and RHUB, also generated EC and USBX using SSDTtime. However its still not working. Now I'm lost. Google doesn't show anyone else having this problem, so now I'm posting here. Any help appreciated Attached is my EFI and dsdt

Hi there.

I have never seen a TXHCI controller before.

The Intel 495 Premium U chipset features a maximum of 10x USB ports of which all support USB2, obviously, and 6x USB3.2 Gen2.

I don't see Thunderbolt anywhere.

So the USBMapDummy kext is no use at all. Disable it.

Install USBInjectAll.lext v0.8.0 or higher and set the XhciPortLimit quirk to enabled. Reboot and see what IOReg or Hackintool shows your USB ports are.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I found the solution just now, and it was a case of just updating the bios, now it’s working properly

Back