Contribute
Register

Dell 15r 5521 .. success but some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok now headphones work but the laptop now doesn't change the output automatically. i need to change the output by myself from settings to speaker or headphones. any fix for that?

I believe that is an issue with the patched AppleHDA you have...

I believe that is an issue with the patched AppleHDA you have...

Okay i used these and worked perfectly except sometimes the audio doesn't work after boot/reboot. like the system doesn't read the kexts and it requires several reboots to work again. Any idea why?

I am using VoodooHDA now "VoodooHDA Doesn't automatically change the output".

View attachment AUDIO.zip

and another problem is the sleep doesn't work correctly if i closed the laptop screen.

just works when i choose sleep from menubar.

here the ioreg

View attachment Ahmed’s MacBook Air.ioreg

Okay i used these and worked perfectly except sometimes the audio doesn't work after boot/reboot. like the system doesn't read the kexts and it requires several reboots to work again. Any idea why?

I am using VoodooHDA now "VoodooHDA Doesn't automatically change the output".

View attachment 111170

I've never used VoodooHDA, so can't help you there. Even VoodooHDA requires proper configuration though...

and another problem is the sleep doesn't work if i closed the laptop screen. just works when i choose sleep from menubar.

here the ioreg

View attachment 111171

Be aware there is a ~15 second delay before sleep begins, and all assertions must be clear 'pmset -g assertions' in Terminal...

I've never used VoodooHDA, so can't help you there. Even VoodooHDA requires proper configuration though...

the reboot problem happens when AppleHDA is installed. i am just using voodoo until i find a fix for AppleHDA

Be aware there is a ~15 second delay before sleep begins, and all assertions must be clear 'pmset -g assertions' in Terminal...

after a minute the laptop goes to sleep but it wakes up again without touching it and it goes into a loop "wake up and sleep".

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 11.04.12 PM.png

the reboot problem happens when AppleHDA is installed. i am just using voodoo until i find a fix for AppleHDA

I would probably take the files you have and patch current AppleHDA with it (or do Clover on-the-fly). You will need to know a little bit about how AppleHDA is patched though...

after a minute the laptop goes to sleep but it wakes up again without touching it and it goes into a loop "wake up and sleep".

View attachment 111175

Do you have the same behavior without the USB WiFi plugged in?

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

my codec id is 283902594 .. how to know the layoutID that matches my codec id?

or do you mean the layoutID here?

Code:
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver</string>
			<key>HDAConfigDefault</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>CodecID</key>
					<integer>283902594</integer>
					<key>ConfigData</key>
					<data>
					ASccQAEnHQABJx6gAScfkAFHHBABRx0AAUce
					FwFHH5ABdxxQAXcdAAF3HgIBdx9AAZccMAGX
					HRABlx6BAZcfAQIXHCACFx0QAhceIQIXHwEB
					RwwC
					</data>
					<key>FuncGroup</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>[B]LayoutID[/B]</key>
					<integer>28</integer>

my codec id is 283902594 .. how to know the layoutID that matches my codec id?

or do you mean the layoutID here?

Code:
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver</string>
			<key>HDAConfigDefault</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>CodecID</key>
					<integer>283902594</integer>
					<key>ConfigData</key>
					<data>
					ASccQAEnHQABJx6gAScfkAFHHBABRx0AAUce
					FwFHH5ABdxxQAXcdAAF3HgIBdx9AAZccMAGX
					HRABlx6BAZcfAQIXHCACFx0QAhceIQIXHwEB
					RwwC
					</data>